Notices

I lost it I need help now.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

I lost it I need help now.

Wow. I have been pretty sober for the past year and now I find myself just about out of control here. I usually try to take part as a supporter on this board and now I need your support. I have company coming in from another state and I found myself cleaning the house and drinking vodka all day yesterday. My company should arrive around 10am (they are drinking straight through) and I am about 50% drunk right now. That sucks cause I feel good but than again not. My whole plan was to try and relax and clean up the house for guests, listen to some tunes etc. I have a 5 bedroom 5 bath house, 5k square feet and I am pooped from cleaning. I did a great job but now my head hurts and I am really tired. I am going to try to drink some water, get some sleep and straighten up. Just went to my profile and I noticed lots of friends out there. Thanks you guys I feel so happy I have somebody that I can depend on. Well, I am going to bed, I can barely type. I have got to get it together man.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Thanks Phal,
gonna do that right now.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi lov,

Seems like the tension of expecting guests has put you on edge. I know how that feels. We want to make the best impression possible, so we jump thru hoops trying to clean the house, yard, cars, dogs, cats, mice, etc. Relax. Get some rest, put the cork back on the jug, and have some coffee when they arrive. Start fresh and just accept that you did your best today, and tomorrow is a fresh start.

Good nite and God Bless,
Old 02-24-2009, 04:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you do get it together.
What plans have to got to get through it if your guests are drinking, lovingmenow?

D
Old 02-24-2009, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Wow, you guys are great support. Its around 8:30am here and I feel pretty OK. although my head feels like a bucket of water, I just took a shower and let hot water run all over my head and took a shot of vodka to keep down the ****** feeling. I am at the point of tapering now and I have a kitchen timer telling me when to take a shot,...less and less every few hours. My guests are coming a long way to see me and I need not disappoint them. They are both world class athletes who are coming a very long way to train for an event and I need to be UP to help them. OK so my plan is to taper off. Right now I am about 70%. I can talk, walk and such, although typing sucks right now. I expect them around 10am so I think I may be OK. I may need to cycle 30 miles today. Wish me luck. I really need SR today so please keep posting. This is a big test for me. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

For me, stopping was much easier than tapering.

Tapering was a disaster.

I wish you well.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

One positive thing about this....as your guests are in training
you won't need to use alcohol to entertain.
Perhaps that will nudge you into sobriety too...

Please let us know how you are doing...best of luck
Old 02-24-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Originally Posted by lovinmenow View Post
Wow. I have been pretty sober for the past year and now I find myself just about out of control here. I usually try to take part as a supporter on this board and now I need your support. I have company coming in from another state and I found myself cleaning the house and drinking vodka all day yesterday. My company should arrive around 10am (they are drinking straight through) and I am about 50% drunk right now. That sucks cause I feel good but than again not. My whole plan was to try and relax and clean up the house for guests, listen to some tunes etc. I have a 5 bedroom 5 bath house, 5k square feet and I am pooped from cleaning. I did a great job but now my head hurts and I am really tired. I am going to try to drink some water, get some sleep and straighten up. Just went to my profile and I noticed lots of friends out there. Thanks you guys I feel so happy I have somebody that I can depend on. Well, I am going to bed, I can barely type. I have got to get it together man.
Wow my typing sucks and you can tell where my head is at when I typed "they are drinking straight through." I meant "driving."
Old 02-24-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Resident

Good luck Loveinmenow.
As Carol said with your guests in training there shouldn't be much drinking unless they are training for the beer drinking team.
I am sure you can get back to being sober. You have been doing well at it. Peace.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Wow my typing sucks and you can tell where my head is at when I typed "they are drinking straight through." I meant "driving."
YOU CRACK ME UP, DARLIN'!!!

We are all here for ya! Keep that h2o flowing, GF!! Maybe some gatorade and/or mineral h20 too! Eat what ya can, protein's great!

Check back with us and keep us all posted! We are your cheerleaders all the way!!! :ghug3
Old 02-24-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I may need to cycle 30 miles today.
Is this a figure of speech? Surely not cycling while intoxicated? Best of luck with your friends - I hope everything works out ok.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I dont get this is this a joke?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm a little confused here. Could you explain what pretty sober means?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

dont get this is this a joke?
I dont get it either????

I'm a little confused here. Could you explain what pretty sober means?
Im also confused???
Old 02-24-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

To my new friend....We all have these days it will be alright, just take your time you have already grown a great deal and hopefully someday we can master this with a great deal of patience we can play these cards right, untill then continue the fight....
Old 02-24-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

Hang in there. Try to drink lots of water. Hugs
Old 02-24-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

No guys this is not a joke. Thanks to all for such support. It is real hard being an athlete alkie. Yes. I will cycle about 30 miles or more tomorrow and no, I will not do it drunk however I will probably have a big hangover. I made it through today and did not have to do much but cook a big dinner. I am so tired that I am going to go to bed and I will wake up in the morn hopefully feeling more normal.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I still don't understand what 'pretty sober' means?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

First of all, pretty sober means that I had 3 relapses within the past year. And...No.. this is not a joke of any kind. My feelings are very hurt right now because you may think this whole thing is some kind of joke!!! I have spent more time being supportive on this board and helping as much as I can and I am so hurt when I finally need help and someone asks if this is a joke. I am crying as I am typing. Thanks for nothing. This really sucks and I feel like I lost a good friend right now.
Define pretty sober? WTF?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Well I hope you get thru everything ok, not sure what else is up with 'pretty sober', but either way, I hope you find a way to always sober