Notices

y aaam hurting here?

Old 02-23-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

y aaam hurting here?

i am having a rough time getting off the booze, geez i hate myself if i drink and i hate mysel when i do not drink
Old 02-23-2009, 05:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know where you are at, and even though I am new here (again), I think you are in the right place. I've found a lot of support and help here in the last few days which quite honestly have helped me to make it through these last few days. You CAN quit if you want to. I have no experience to speak from but will help anyway I can, sometimes just having someone to talk to who knows what you are going through is the greatest help.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can stop drinking, for good, but it takes some effort. I understand the not liking yourself part but would rather dislike myself sober than drunk, if that makes any sense.

Have you told your doctor that you're trying to stop drinking? I'd advise an honest talk with your doctor and ask him/her for help in quitting. Going to AA meetings, or another recovery program, can give valuable face to face support also. Help is available to stop drinking, just ask for it and then use it to get and stay sober. You CAN do this.

:ghug3
Old 02-23-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh Jowinbo, I know how that feels.

But, if you stay sober, and have some patience, you will begin to like yourself. For me, it was a slow process too, but it can be done. You are worth the effort you are putting into being sober. You deserve a good life.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

ty least!

i am on anti depreesants, zoloft ty! i do not want to drink, but i do not want to live unhappy? u do not know what to do or what i want to do.....................sorry, did not mean to spoil your nite

take care
Old 02-23-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We're here for you jowinbo, the best we can be. I've had some depression since I quit, kind of not feeling like I don't know who I am, or what I wanna do...it's tough man. Please hang in there, stay here and post....I care about ya...I'm praying for you.

God bless.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

you have the give the anti-ds the chance to work J - alcohol stops them working properly - and alcohol is itself a depressant.

The way out is to stop drinking.

D
Old 02-23-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sounds so familiar, i feel your pain, its hard, i ll pray for ya, longer were sober the better things will be for us.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

J,

Oh Honey.... There's no quick-fix! The first thing is to stop drinking, the next thing is to not drink "just for today" -- for you, tomorrow.

This didn't happen overnight and will not be cured overnight. You will, however, be able to make progress "tiny steps for tiny feet" while you're sober and then make clearer decisions and get direction, J. There's a whole great big wonderful world for YOU. FOR ME. FOR ALL OF US if we stay sober and stick together with support in our lives.

Sobriety can be translated to SLOW-BRIETY. But we will be amazed along the road ! The DESTINATION is in the JOURNEY, friend! Please don't give up!

Get to bed and pray to God to relieve the obsession of alcohol from you. Wake up and don't pick up that first drink, K? Get with God and come see us! We WILL be there for you! YOU'RE NOT ALONE, J..... NEVER EVER ALONE!!!!

:ghug:praying