Notices

Bad weekend, This isn't easy

Old 02-22-2009, 08:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Richard, first of all, a month is Awesome! Congratulations.

My husband lost his drinking buddy, too. And yes, I think he secretly hoped I would start up again...but I held firm. I held firm for 7 months..... And....guess what.....he's been sober a month now, too! How cool is that?!

And in the same breath...his sobriety has not one thing to do with me. If he decides to 'have just one' (we've been down that road before), he'll have to do it without me.

And just one more thing while I've got your ear....sometimes I think the mind sends signals to the body that aren't really there....or aren't as bad as we think they are, just so we will pick up that bottle again. There is a book, The Mind Body Connection, can't remember the author, that does a nice job of talking about how your mind can really mess with you.

Stay strong. Stay strong for you and everything else will fall into place.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I see your "light is still on" Richard. How you feeling this evening?

I'm hoping things went better today. It's funny, at times I try to psychologically play little games with myself when I'm down with pain. I remind myself of all the times that I had so much to do and would have loved, more than anything, to just lay around all day. lol

This is not medical advice, I am sharing something my doctors told me once. Anything with the word "itis" in it means inflammation. For inflammation, I take a prescription strength medicine that is very similar to Advil. After all, when something is inflammed, it puts pressure on the nerves which in turn causes pain.

Hope the physical pain eases up very soon and that you are able to talk with your wife openly and honestly about how you are feeling.

Sleep well,
Judy