Notices

Lucky to be Addicts!

Old 02-22-2009, 01:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lucky to be Addicts!

I came into the Narcotics Anonymous Program, 16 months ago... I remember, at one of My first ever Meetings, Hearing... We Are Lucky To Be Addicts, Because We Can Now Grow In Recovery!... I thought to Myself... Self... What are You getting Yourself into? Lucky?? I Thought that Dude was ********-For-Real!!

But Now, As I reflect back to the Train-Wreck, that Was My Life, and Looking at My Life Today... I gotta say... I feel very Lucky, to be an Addict!! For Real!!

My Life, All Thanks to N.A., and the Fellowship of N.A., is Pretty Freakin Good!! In Fact... Really Good!!

16 Months ago, I spent So Much Money, Every day, to get Loaded... And never even got loaded... Just used More Dope!! I wanted to Die, Every Day!! I hated My Life!! I pushed Everyone that I Loved, and Who Loved Me, Far Away!!

Now... I Love Life!! I'm Loved by Many!! I Love Many!! I have so many Good, True, and Clean Friends, Now... Life is So Amazing Now!!

I'm Very Lucky, to be living in the Vancouver Canada Area, also... 'Cuz We have an absolutely Terrific Recovery Program... NA, or AA!!

I see "Normies" that are all Messed Up, all the Time... and I think to Myself... Recovery and the 12 Steps, sure would do them a World of Good... But... They have No Reason, to Step into Our World of Recovery!!

So, I Must Agree... I am Lucky, Very Lucky, to be an Addict!! What a Concept!! Ha Ha Ha!! But... It's so True... To Me, Anyways!

So... I just thought I'd Share that!!

Stay Strong, My Friends... The Obsession for Using, Really Does Ease, with Time!!

Good Luck!! Peace!!

~Rob~ :ghug
Old 02-22-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i agree with you! my daughter is the alcoholic/addict in my life and even though her disease has brought a lot of pain, it has also brought a lot of hope and strength - i'm a lot more humble and grateful now, after some time in alanon. and my relationships are better - with my family and just all the folks i meet along the way, stronger. i've learned some patience, that's for sure. thanks for sharing! i forget about this part sometimes, and it is nice to take some time this morning over my coffee and feel the gratitude for recovery.

hugs, k
Old 02-22-2009, 07:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I feel: lucky or not...it is what is was and it doesn't have to be repeated as long as I stay in treatment. I mean...I don't really want to feel lucky today because of the suffering I caused others yesterday.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i think it's more like "lucky to RECOVERING addicts" ... or in my case "RECOVERING codies" .

:ghug3
Old 02-22-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I feel lucky to be alive - and I'm mindful of the things I've learned and the man I've become through my experiences...but I don't feel lucky to be an addict - I've seen too much pain, sorrow and despair associated with that.

I take the point you were trying to make tho ST and I'm glad NA has bought you such joy.

D
Old 02-22-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've seen, and caused, alot of pain and suffering, in the lives of people that are close to Me, as well!! But... What's Done... Is Done!! You can't change the Past, anymore... It's gone!! So just live for today... For this Moment!! Try to clean up the Mess, that We've Caused... And try living a new life, without repeating, Our old Mistakes!!

We are only Human!! Humans make mistakes, Whether an Addict, or Not!! Live and Learn, and Carry On!!... That is How I try and live now... And it is a Much better way, to Live, for Me!!

You gotta Forgive Yourself, in order to Recover, at all!!

~Rob~