Notices

Alcohol in Food and Chocolate Alcohol

Old 02-22-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
For me personally, in this specific instance, I would probably not eat it. I'm not a big avoider of products containing alcohol - i.e. mouthwash, medicine, foods with naturally occurring trace amounts (like OJ) - but I'm not going to eat something just for fun that has alcohol in it, either.

I will ask this, though: was it the kind of chocolate that had a liquid alcohol center, or was the champagne an actual component of the chocolate itself? If it was part of the actual chocolate, and not a liquid filling, I wouldn't feel as bad about it - but I would probably still avoid it IF I knew about it beforehand. I would avoid the liquid-filled ones like the plague. I've had the tequila-filled ones many times in the past and I might as well pour myself shots from the bottle!
It wasn't liquid inside just chocolately. I am not a big avoider of products either but I was definitely not amused when I read it had champagne it in just because it caught me off guard.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Yeah so I thought that it was FUNNY when I was in detox and they took my conditioner away because in the ingredients it says there is alcohol in it. I would not..ever ever ever drink my conditioner because I was wanting to get drunk..maybe if I wanted to be really sick or off myself but then I wouldnt have checked into detox now would I...strange rules they had for sure.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

Originally Posted by vividserenity View Post
Yeah so I thought that it was FUNNY when I was in detox and they took my conditioner away because in the ingredients it says there is alcohol in it. I would not..ever ever ever drink my conditioner because I was wanting to get drunk..maybe if I wanted to be really sick or off myself but then I wouldnt have checked into detox now would I...strange rules they had for sure.

Drinking conditioner... that's a new one.