Notices

Only 2 days but craving carbs and sugar

Old 02-21-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Only 2 days but craving carbs and sugar

I realize I have to give myself a break and not try to be perfect, but I'm eating a lot more and craving carbs and sugar like crazy. It's now 2 days--a LONG 2 days, withdrawal seems to be manageable, though I am taking some librium prescribed by my doc which is helping enormously.

Going to go for a walk now because I am stir crazy, and I have cleaned my entire house . Curious if other folks have had the carb/sugar cravings. Peace out.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Definitely sugar the first few weeks. Who am I kidding I still want my sugar fix but I am giving it up for phase 2 of my recovery process. I am currently reading Under the Infkuence which is a medical type of book oh addiction and sugar craving is quite common. It is a good book about what is happening with your body in the early days and well worth getting.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What do you think ben and jerry's strawberry cheesecake ice cream is for?!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There's a strawberry cheesecake ice cream? Holy sh*t I must live under a rock. lol Anyways, I had a craving for sugar, but not a real sweet taste, seemed to be more along the lines of gatorade and sports drinks type thing though.
Wes
Old 02-21-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, I've been craving (and eating) carbs, sweets and loads of food since I got sober. I've been exercising so hopefully that will balance it out. I never ate while drunk or stoned but during hangovers I would crave salt really badly, that seems to have gone though. Have eaten loads of sweet stuff today, not good!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can definitely relate to that, I feel like I'm going to gain SO much weight if I keep this up, feels so much better than drinking though. I look at it like maybe I need to eat, because I certainly wasn't eating healthy before... Anyway a little weight gain is nothing compared to drinking day and night and all the health problems that come with it...