Notices

Am so grumpy

Old 02-21-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Am so grumpy

I've noticed more and more the last few days im getting so grumpy/ratty with people and situations.
I know i need to control my temper and be respectful of others but i am really struggling to control myself.

Im not sleeping too well.... have been having really bad dreams and am waking continually throughout the night... so i know some of it is down to tiredness, but i wish i could stop the dreams.... they are so vivid.

I really dont want to be ratty with people but the only other thing i can do is stay away from people.

Be well
louis
Old 02-21-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was feeling very pissy a bit ago and so I plugged some music into my ears and am sooooo much better now. Music can lift, soothe, and just generally change me in just a few minutes. Maybe it would help?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Louis,

I think it's a 'normal' phase to go through in early sobriety. I was irritable too and sleeping poorly. Have you tried some kind of exercise? I got back to taking long walks every day when I began recovery and it helped me on so many levels.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know what you mean louis. There are times when nothing seems right and everything ticks me off. Take some time, reset back to zero and then carry on.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I hear ya, louis. I get the same way sometimes (and yes, I have the sleep issues, too). It's hard because some days I just want my family to leave me the F alone and they won't!! LOL I try really hard not to snap at my husband or kids just because I'm feeling pissy, but some days it takes A LOT of effort.

Hang in there.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

P.S. Sunshine helps too!!
Old 02-21-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Resident

Do you think I really give a rat's butt about your problem Louis?
Just kidding.
It is easy to feel grumpy when going through all these changes. I am finding people are a lot more annoying also. I am trying to learn to be more tolerant as I think it will aid me in my recovery. Some of the posts here have helped me.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

:rotfxko

Do you think I really give a rat's butt about your problem Louis?
Just kidding.
You are on FIRE today, Fubar! OMG, seriously.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Cheers guys.

I know i have to be more tolerent.....

Horselover: I love music... I'm into the heavy rock (angsty stuff) which is probably not helping with my mood either. I live in Scotland so sunshine is out :o)

Anna: EXERCISE!!!! "pleasse dont swear at me" arghhhhh
I heard a quote once and i'm not going to name it as i'm not quoting it fully.... "I though about exercise, but lay down till the feeling passed".

Ken: I will do and thanks.

TSH: I hope the sleeping issues sort out for you.... and yeah.... families should really know when to back off "for their own safety".

Fubarcdn:
Cheers for the reality check.... I NEED to be more tolerent.

Thankyou again

Be well
louis
Old 02-21-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Louis, the weather here is just totally yeuk just now, very grey and depressing which isn't helping anybody's moods, a lot of people I know seem to be a bit blah just now. Just take some time to yourself, be lazy and eat chocolate or whatever you fancy, that's all I've done all day! I'm finding I do need to give myself some off time from trying to always be "rebuilding" my life, this recovery thing is hard and I think its important just to chill occassionally and coccon a bit
Old 02-21-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Loius

Totally normal, just the way it is for now and you need to be very forgiving of yourself and not let it concern you too much, it has to be all about you for this year:-)

You are doing great!

Thanks Fubar, read the first line and thought woooo this looks interesting...politics perhaps! Then saw the smiley lol