Notices

I WILL NOT give in!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I WILL NOT give in!

I don't know why, or how, but out of nowhere this overwhelming urge to drink hit me out of no where and almost knocked me on my a**. So, I'm spending my time reading on here, reading the paper, and praying for the urge to pass as quickly as possible. One thing I do know is, I will not give in no matter what. I'm gonna be the most stubborn son of a b***h that ever was and is and stay sober and not drink. Someone hit me upside the head a few times with a sledgehammer so I can sleep through this...lol. Oh well, sorry if I'm taking up space, I just thought typing and letting it all out would be a help. And so far it's helping a lot. Thanks all for letting me vent for a couple and get this out. For the moment, for today, and for myself, I am NOT going to drink one drop today.
Wes
Old 02-21-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good decision!!! Stay strong!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

You better not give in Wes.
You have come too far for that.
Just remember how sad it was drinking mouthwash to get high.
Never allow yourself to get to that bad place.
Be strong and if it gets too strong call your sponsor. Maybe he has some wood that needs chopping. Physical exertion is good.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Hooray!!!! I'm soooo glad you are here and that you've chosen to stay strong! Good job!!

I just did that 'cause you asked for it. Not 'cause you deserve it. Hope it helps you sleep though!

There have been times, in early sobriety, that I went to bed and took a snooze just to avoid all the pain. Early sobriety is just getting through the days however you can sometimes. And then other times, you'll find that you are like a sponge - soaking in so much learning and feeling that you don't have time to sleep.

You're doing a wonderful job. I commend you.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

we are here for you Brother, check PM. we can stay strong together.
Wes you are family here and we love you.
Thank you for posting this, thats what were here for.
Wes we have been sober almost day for day I'm just a few days ahead of you. Hasn't this sober thing been fun so far, I'm loving it I have met so many cool people in sobriety, you being one of them. I would not give up the friendships I have in recovery for anything. Just for today lets not drink.
:ghug3
Old 02-21-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Breathe. Breathe deeply and relax.........you can get past the urges.....it's your mind playing tricks on you, making you think you are missing something......and you know you are not. Look back at your own happy posts.......that might help. Stay strong!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wes, sometimes the 'just for today' turns into 'just for the moment'.

You've got to white knuckle yourself through these episodes.

They pass, and you will feel so much more empowered when you reflect on your success later today.

Don't drink man, I know you can do it.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you posted Wes and many times this is what got me through the craving was posting and reading on SR. Congratulations for taking action. Not everyday is a walk in the park, but at least you knew what to do with this emotion. Good for you!!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Breathe. Stay in the moment. And, good for you for coming here, rather than to the bottle. You're okay.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wes,

I remember well, when I'd be doing something, and out of the blue, the addict voice would speak to me, shout at me. It would be awful. What I can tell you, is that each time you get through something like that, you will get stronger.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Stay strong Wes, whatever it takes to not drink, it is really that serious as you know. :ghug3
Old 02-21-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
mergirl

My addict should devil was pestering my hard yesterday!! I laughed at him til he got mad and left, but it was icky all the same. Hang tough!!
Old 02-21-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Still staying strong and starting to feel a lot better again. I appreciate all the support more than you all will know. I will make it through the day sober! Got to dancing around my room like a fool for a couple of minutes and that helped some, too. haha The crazy sh*t I do sometimes. It is nice to do it sober and be able to laugh at myself. Thanks a million again for the support. With all this support it makes it a lot easier to get through this without drinking.
Wes
Old 02-21-2009, 11:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
being me

Hi Wes! You can do this! The addict voice has nothing to offer.
Let's stay sober today! It's not always easy, but so worth the work.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Wes,
I'm impressed with your determination. I know I would have folded, as I have hundreds of times. What stuck for me was knowledge of the disease. That changed everything I ever thought about alcoholism. Read that sticky in the Alcoholism forum from Carol titled excerpts from "Under the Influence". Lots of good info there.

Peace bro.