Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I know we're all here for help, but think of the less fortunate...

Notices

I know we're all here for help, but think of the less fortunate...

Old 02-20-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Post I know we're all here for help, but think of the less fortunate...

I don't know where this thread is coming from. As you all know, I'm one of the SR Chairman, Paulos, 250 days clean from alcohol, thank my willpower and ability I posted a thread a few days ago, Food for Thought, I got another interesting art on my mind right now.

I sit here, 4:05am, listening to some music, ... thinking of my own inferiorities... my problems,... but is that the problem? My problems perhaps, but they are far from people such as the homeless es' problems... imagine...

At this time, the people freeze in the cold, frigid, exhausted, starving, wondering what they did wrong in life. I lay in bed, thinking of it... my unrealistic dreams, living in such moderate times on how ... we have no ULTIMATE SUPER HEROES ... why do you think comic writers draw about this crap? Not just to make money, but it's an expression of how THIS WORLD NEEDS A SUPER HERO who will stand up for the weak... it's so freaking crummy that there is no Superman.

Naive, idealistic and foolish, it's what I think of, I know it's not true and not possible for this earth to have a hero like that so I'm not stupid. But I'm just saying... just wish I could be that hero as well Maybe that's my ego, but nevertheless... maybe it's because I'm the only one thinking about it right now, yet I'm so pathetic... god... well sorry everyone. See you later at the meeting at 9pm est in the Meeting Room in the SR Live Chat.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations on your 250 sober days Paul

Try thinking of those you assist around here
your doing a lot for others in distress...
Old 02-20-2009, 04:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thank you.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's always good to keep things in perspective Like Carol said, thinking about other people gives me even more determination - we all need each other. Congratulations on 250
Old 02-20-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

im looking for a superman myself

I feel like a little firl sometimes, waiting for a super hero to come to me and say "Its gonna be alright, no more going hungry, no more tears, no more being scared of having no hhouse to live in, I aint expecting a home a real home had one once, but that was when I had family. am I crazy? No Im scared 2 death, Im bout to be on the streets in recovery, my 16 year old ran away, is he alive, has he frozen to death somewhere? I would trade places with him any moment, than know my son is alone & scared, The world needs a superhero I used to run through my life trying to save everyone, then I ended up losing me, I thought, what a small price 2 pay, considering what Jesus did dying on the cross. If he does excist that is. They say ( religious people) that jesus will come back to earth and either take everyone to heaven or there will be paridise on earth no more hate, no more tears, then if thats true why, aint he come yet, people are crying for themselves, for others, some like me are suffering physical agony daily, and mental anguish daily, plus all the crap put on us, that we did not invite, things just friggin happen, yeah, we can say, we got the tools & coping skills to get through any hardship that comes our way, but @ the same time, its still friigin hurts so deep, it makes you wanna scream!!! So I was talking to a man on a bus one day, very long trip, and we both decided if it was possible, all the good hearted, conciderate, caring people should all live in one big city, and all the me,me,me people can be together and leave us alone. Some would tell you God or Higher Power is our Super Hero, but Im having a real hard time being positive & having hope that things will take care of them=selves if I do the leg work. Well each day, I wake up and do the best I can. Its not enough, im told reach out to people in the program's ha, 30% of them r fake as heck another 30% is, still,me,me,me, and the 20% is chasing skirts & looking for material blessings, to my calculation that leaves 20& left who really want to b better and have serenity and work the steps. it takes alot of time to weed out all the bad to find the good, by the time u find anyone willing 2 help they get sick of the bs. and they take off. who can blame them this is mpo. Im not in anyway trying to push anyone away from the 12 step programs, its done enough @ the meetings, whatever happened to the greeters? the oldtimers taking the newcomer under their wing, read the big book someime, the mtgs are not following the protocal any longer show me a mtg that is, i would faint in disbeleif. so ok there is no superman gonna come save the world, or save the day, but us good ones can save 1 person @ a time, instead of buying that big screen TV, get a 27inch & take the thousand u save and feed a family, pay someones bill, thats sick and cant work, reach out. I did alot for people all my life, played santa, noone knew alot of the times it came from me, i didnt want praise, I just wanted to help, now im in dire need & everyone tells me their gonna help, but alas no one does, people have good intentions, but they should keep them to their selves. I wished I knew how to start a website or make one to start to help people, we could call it robinhood or something of that nature and help people. good people who had no hand in their misfortune. Peace & Blessings, melissa aka litetalk:ghug:ghug
Old 02-20-2009, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's unfortunate that we seem so caught up in shallow things and don't make the time for people anymore, things have become so impersonal. It's something I was discussing a friend just yesterday. Maybe it's something for us to focus on today - step outside the 'comfort zone', reach out and do something for somebody else.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Litetalk,

You sound like a very insightful, genuinely compassionate person.
I wish you all good things in all ways, always.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Paulos,

It IS always good to keep things in perspective.

But, do remember how much you help the members here at SR.