Notices

Let's stick together, Day 1's!!! Who are you...?

Old 02-20-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 6 Nikki, but many day number 1's!! Good morning. Just for today all!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Freedom Seeker

Day 1 for me today too...can I join?

16 hrs without a drink. Too many day 1s to count. Drunk, addict and liar for many years.

I want this to be my last day 1.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Very new to this whole thing myself, but I'm pretty sure everyone is welcome!!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by 4dogsandakid View Post
Day 1 for me today too...can I join?

16 hrs without a drink. Too many day 1s to count. Drunk, addict and liar for many years.

I want this to be my last day 1.
Yeah! Welcome, 4dogsandakid!!!

Just gotta say 'I LOVE THAT NAME OF YOURS!!!"

You are in the right place and with all of us on our new journey towards LIFE!

All those other Day 1's for us.... may they R.I.P. !!!! This is our NEW Day 1 and it's the only one that matters!

Today is the start of Day 2 for me.... Can't believe how much better I'm feeling!

I'm sending you a friendship request, K? Lots of hugs and encouragement!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Freedom Seeker

Nicki,
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I got the friendship request and clicked ok...but I guess I can't respond until I have more posts?

Anyway, I am vacillating between terror and exhiliration today. Terror because I know the afternoon jitters are on their way and my temptation to drink will be very high. I am trying to think of ways to distract myself and stay strong enough to make it through.

I also feel so happy, because I feel resolved. I know the life I can have without alcohol...I've had it before. I feel like the queen of relapse, but I LOVE my life without drugs/booze. So it's always been very curious to me why I keep returning to it. I cry every day with shame and disgust and missing my old sober life. But it always seems to end up in the same place for me...something happens....some stressor and I can just have 1 and pretty soon I'm effed up all day long for days at a time. You know the drill.

I'm 42, a successful business woman with a great husband and a 2.5 year old daughter. I am blessed in so many ways, but the last 15 years of my life have been about addiction and relapse. Never been to rehab, it's not my thing. Neither is AA. I've quit by myself for years at a time, but I always come back. Sometimes I think it will be that way for the rest of my life.

I also love pills and have been addicted to Vicodin, Xanax, Oxy...I've stolen it from people and bought it online.

I quit Jan 1 09, and I was doing good. 2 weeks sober and I started having drinking dreams. At just over 3 weeks sober I started up again. So here I am again, after this last 3 week daily binge.

But like you said, the past is over and I welcome a fresh start with all of your support and kindness.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This is another Day 1 for me as well. I plan to make things different this time.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Nicki,
Day 1 here (2-20-2009)
Thank you for starting this post.
God Bless!
XOXO
Old 02-20-2009, 05:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by ADayAtATime View Post
Hi Nicki,
Day 1 here (2-20-2009)
Thank you for starting this post.
God Bless!
XOXO
WELCOME BACK ADAYATATIME!!

ghug3ghug3

Truly am soooo glad you're here!!!! We can lick this thing together!!! We will lick this thing together!!!

Thank you for posting.... I'll send ya a VM, K??

:ghug2
Old 02-20-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hey all you all... friends and family,

Just trying to get through Day 2 for me now! It started off so good.... so positive.... sososososo and then CRASH!!! Emotions have gone haywire and I feel completely like a a looney tune basket case! I had the urge to drink, but called someone instead. After we hung up, I got on here and read from my friends here at SR!!! Thank You!

On a positive note, I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY!!! Time for a meeting in a few and had a good talk with a supportive friend who's sober!

No one said this was going to be easy, huh???!!!! After the pink cloud moments, I start feeling like that's how it "should always be".... What a crock! Life on life's terms is how it'll work... eventually!

I think that's what they mean about SLOW-BRIETY!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by LaDita View Post
This is another Day 1 for me as well. I plan to make things different this time.
You're such an awesome person, LaDita!!!!

I'm glad you're here - with us now!!!!

SUCCESS IS FAILURE TURNED INSIDE OUT!

:ghug3
Old 02-20-2009, 07:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Freedom Seeker

Good Night everyone....made it through day 1.

I'm glad to have found SR, I've never been so open about my abuse and I hope that the friendships and support I get here is what it will finally take to have this time be my last day 1 ever.

Thanks and see you tomorrow..day 2!
Old 02-21-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by 4dogsandakid View Post
Good Night everyone....made it through day 1.

I'm glad to have found SR, I've never been so open about my abuse and I hope that the friendships and support I get here is what it will finally take to have this time be my last day 1 ever.

Thanks and see you tomorrow..day 2!
Glad you are here 4daak!

I hope when you read this, if you do, you will be encouraged to begin Day 2 knowing that you may never have to have another Day 1 again. Just for today, I/We will not drink!
You do have so much support here and new friendships that have/will be developed! This is a great place for what we need as a part of our recovery process into LIFE!!!

Hugs!
:ghug3:ghug