Who Weighs What?

Old 02-18-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Now 5'6" - 125

While drinking 5'6" - 148

One more reason not to drink
Old 02-18-2009, 05:38 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

It's funny - before I first got sober 7 years ago I worked out consistently. I weight trained, I ran, I competed. My exterior looked pretty good but on the inside I was falling apart. I was very underweight and am now considered to be at a healthy weight for my height but I still want to lose weight. I am having a terrible time sticking to an exercise routine and I just don't know why. However, I won't complain too much because I feel better than ever - on the inside!

(disclaimer: I haven't been sober the whole 7 years, though most of it)
Old 02-18-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Okay,

I'm 5'4"

I have big brown eyes

Long eye lashes

Old 02-18-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

31 203 5'4 but for the record Ive lost I think 6 lbs since quitting 5 weeks ago......
The beer belly is gettin smaller....
Old 02-18-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Weight a second...haha

I have lost 30 pounds since leaving my relationship as a codie with an addict. I still smoke which I need to stop and I eat better as I am looking out for myself and little one now...SO I am very proud of me and I plan to keep going yay!

((But it is still a challange...being independent is a choice I sometimes make daily, maybe because I am still trying to find ways to enjoy it:ghug2))
Old 02-18-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
With all the beer & wine I drank I am surprised I still look this good:
Wow I can't wait to look like that...where do we buy the tickets?!!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Since being in Recovery, I have been really working on complete honesty, so I got the scale out and when I looked down, well, I was pretty shocked to see what these steroids I have to take has caused.

So I think I'll just be honest on how I feel since I have been in Recovery.

HAPPY, JOYOUS & FREE!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:50 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

oh well,you want honesty huh?

rats-I thought so!
6 foot 5 inches ,54 yrs old,and I weigh 248,I have gained at least 50 lbs sober.I go from 242 to 248 it seems.The least I weighed while drinking was when I was down to 168.The most I weighed sober was 264 when I quit smoking.
Gosh,I love to eat since I got sober,I almost started to death when I was drinking.
Bring on the fried chicken !
Old 02-18-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I am about 9 inches tall and I weigh about 14 ounces.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
A new dawn and new chapter

5'10 and 245...yea I know that sounds like a hefty weight but I've been moving heavy iron objects for some years now, so it's not all fat. Though I do have some extra beer weight to burn off, hopefully should have it all off by mid summer or early fall.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:04 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I'm like 5' 10" - 5' 11" Somethin like that. I don't drink, but I do speed and you totally ignore hunger or don't notice it until you come down and then you're starving...but it doesn't stick. I'm only about 145 lbs. I'm 17. Er...underweight.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:07 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
What comes around, Goes around

Ok, I am 38, 3'1" and weigh 67 pounds I am a circus midget.

Just Kidding!

38- 6'4" , 235 pounds and shrinking now that I dont drink that fat juice anymore.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm 5'2" 117 pounds, 48 years old, mother of 5. The beer never seemed to give me a belly. Last year while drinking 10 to 12+ beers everyday I actually lost weight and got down to 108 which on me looked very unhealthy.
Since being sober most of the past six weeks, I've gained some weight and feel and look much better. A few days ago I noticed the whites of my eyes are white again, they have been yellow for 2 years. They look so nice and bright now.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Okay,

I'm 5'4"

I have big brown eyes

Long eye lashes
Hey Pelican, are you a bird or a cow? What's up with that?
Old 02-18-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I seriously dislike these threads-sorry.This isn't a friendship board-it's a recovery board.

I don't care what you weigh, what age you are or what's your favourite colour, what height you are, what your favourite food is.

I just want to be around people who are trying to recover-like me.The other stuff?Well-we can PM it.It doesn't mean sh*t as far as recovery goes-to me.You can stand on your head all day and sleep with chickens for all I care-LOL

Ignore me.I'm just so not into this and am generally a bit of a grinch But honestly.There's people here seriously hurting and I just find this so facile.

Sorry.

Jules-about to be incredibly popular....
Old 02-18-2009, 08:35 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Hey Pelican, are you a bird or a cow? What's up with that?
Maybe there is such a thing as a Pelicow. Wow. The unnatural beautiy of it all. Can it soar over salted water? Can it stand motionless for hours and only blink once?

I LOVE IT.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:40 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Originally Posted by Jules62 View Post
I seriously dislike these threads-sorry.This isn't a friendship board-it's a recovery board.

I don't care what you weigh, what age you are or what's your favourite colour, what height you are, what your favourite food is.

I just want to be around people who are trying to recover-like me.The other stuff?Well-we can PM it.It doesn't mean sh*t as far as recovery goes-to me.You can stand on your head all day and sleep with chickens for all I care-LOL

Ignore me.I'm just so not into this and am generally a bit of a grinch But honestly.There's people here seriously hurting and I just find this so facile.

Sorry.

Jules-about to be incredibly popular....

It's okay Jules. Take what you like. Leave the rest. This thread has made me laugh more today than I had a reasonable right to. I had all kinds of crappy things to report in on and instead I got started here and it's just made me giggle. I've had probably 5 or 6 good long laughs.

Laughing - remembering how - that's part of recovery too.

I don't think there's any requirement that you participate. But I'm glad you did weigh in. I hope you snickered a little when you read some of the posts.

Peace.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm glad you got a laugh Mle-and truly-I know I'm being a Grinch.I know I don't have to participate either-but I generally enjoy the funny stuff, being a comedian and all....Guess it's just not a funny day for me today.I really am sick of these types of threads recently.But I also appreciate it's not all about me(gasp!-LOL)

Carry on!

Jules
Old 02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Last night i was a 6ft.1..........tanned adonis...180lb......rippling with muscle.

Deep brown mysterious eyes.......eye lashes about a foot long...chiseled features.....hair down to my backside...
28 years old but look 18...........

When i finally woke up at midday and looked in the mirror....to my dismay..

id turned into a 42 year old worn out trucker that needed 3 coffees and 2 cigs just to get moving....

all the hair had gone to a skinhead......a vague attempt to hide baldness..
My chiseled features were now hovering a inch above the carpet...and my eyes looked like they had been cleaned with a wire brush...

lol..lol..lol....

i have been known to ride a bike occasionally.....does that count as a fitness regime?

trucker
Old 02-18-2009, 09:01 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trucker View Post
i have been known to ride a bike occasionally.....does that count as a fitness regime?

trucker
Yes.It so does.

You deserve a medal like I do-for walking to my mailbox every day.

I should start you a thread-LOL

Too funny!

Jules