Notices

Fighting the urge

Old 02-18-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fighting the urge

Aaarrrg....I'm doing my taxes, which is going pretty well...te problem is I want to drink while I'm doing them. I just can't get the thought of a nice cold beer out of my head m(ok, it doesn't even have to be cold). Geez, can't I make it through 12 hours??

I'm just going to keep logging in today for inspiration. I'm glad I have this place to come to when I'm weak.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Taxes has weighed heavy on me to. But it's times like this where we must be strong. If we say OK taxes are a big enough problem lets drink, were just a little away from drinking at every little problem. Next thing you know we will be drinking because the driver behind you honked at you, or the mail came late. We can't justify drinking soon as we do we are in trouble. Just don't drink today and we will worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

It’s so crazy when I read some things. I would never have thought to drink while doing taxes, but that’s YOUR reality. On the flip side, I’m sure my drinking habits would be laughable to someone else who didn’t share them. I wish we could find out the exact reasons why people DON’T drink during all those things, then we’d all be fixed :P You can get thru it, it’s just another “reason to drink”. In college we actually had a poster of 365 days of ‘holidays’ as reasons to drink. We can always find an excuse.

Stick around, keep posting and reading!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll probably find it much easier to finish up your taxes without the beer in your system.

I'm glad you posted!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Everything is a trigger to drink for me because I drank during pretty much everything I did. I just try to keep myself occupied and I always have water or tea or juice or something in hand. I've been drinking a ton of liquids, I think because I was used to drinking from the time I got home until the time I went to bed. I don't know. Somebody suggested I wouldn't think about drinking during sex. The wife was willing but she wanted to know what I was going to do about the other 23 hours and 59 minutes? Oh well. Guess we have to tough it out.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I once drank over a car wreck that occured in Texas. As I watched it on the news, I grabbed a beer. Only problem was, I was in California at the time. Any reason to drink worked for me.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
I once drank over a car wreck that occured in Texas. As I watched it on the news, I grabbed a beer. Only problem was, I was in California at the time. Any reason to drink worked for me.
LOL Yes, car wrecks are thirsty business!
Glad you're here to make me laugh! Glad I'm here to laugh.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All kidding aside, when I feel like I want to drink, I picture my body as pure and clean and alcohol free. Then I ask myself if I really want to mess up that picture after all the time and effort I put in to get it that clean and pure and alcohol free.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

When I get the urge to drink I can remind myself of how much fun it isn't to spend four hours in the ER for help with detox...
Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

wow i am so glad i stopped drinking before i did my taxes. that would be Audit City
"yeah i think i can totally claim this beer as a medical expense!@"

good luck to you :ghug
Old 02-19-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow, I have to say I didn't expect the responses to my dilema to be so anti drinking while doing the taxes...it seemed perfectly reasonable to me...It's just math. Anyway, I managed to get the taxes done without drinking. Unfortunately I wasn't so good the rest of the day...my husband wanted to go out for dinner and that meant a beer and then another and that was the end. Why couldn't I have just said I didn't feel like having a beer and order a soda instead?

I'm trying for day 1 again today...I really want it
Old 02-19-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Resident

I guess it is back to the drawing board Ineed. I am pretty sure everyone here will say it is never a good time to drink.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by inneedofchange View Post
Wow, I have to say I didn't expect the responses to my dilema to be so anti drinking while doing the taxes...it seemed perfectly reasonable to me...It's just math. Anyway, I managed to get the taxes done without drinking. Unfortunately I wasn't so good the rest of the day...my husband wanted to go out for dinner and that meant a beer and then another and that was the end. Why couldn't I have just said I didn't feel like having a beer and order a soda instead?

I'm trying for day 1 again today...I really want it
Hi INOC...

I started a thread/post for us who are starting our Day 1 - Today!!! You're not alone... There's a few of us on there. Please join & let's draw strength from one another as well as everyone else here! Hope to see you there!

:ghug3