Notices

TOPIC: What Part Of The World Are You From?

Old 02-18-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Jomey View Post
How 'bout I come out your way with the brood till, say, mid April, then yall come out here for July/August....that way we get the best of both worlds, my brother!!
Sounds like a plan! There's a private park across the street from the new house, it's gated and fenced so they'll be safe there. I'll see if I can persuade the homeowners association to let them graze there, it'll be like free lawn mowing
Old 02-18-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
let it grow!

southern illinois in high school and college. moved to chicago 16 or so years ago. i don't know what the indian term is for illinois - prolly "all our politicians suck and go to prison"

Old 02-18-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
southern illinois in high school and college. moved to chicago 16 or so years ago. i don't know what the indian term is for illinois - prolly "all our politicians suck and go to prison"

LOL!!! soooo true. its like a big Maury Episode
"this week on Maury, illinois governor #400 goes to jail for corruption/embezzlement/sex with intern/some other ridiculous thing"

Old 02-18-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

summer: you can see the delicious e.coli in the lake. thank you, Gary, IN!

winter (boo):

Last edited by nobodyknows; 02-18-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:30 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post

at least we have obama ...
Old 02-19-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Western Montana!
Um...let's see. Home of the Unabomber, the Freemen, and loads of other rapscallions and ne'erdowells.
Julesy: Our goal is to come to New Zealand for some backpacking and a general rompabout.
Played Rugby in college--and yeah--those fellas are nuts. Our team won our region, placed second nationally and went to an international tournament. It was there that we promptly learned we were neither tough--nor particularly good at rugby. I still have the scar on my ear where an Aussie's cleat pierced it! I'll stick with hockey.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

born in central london.......about 5 miles from big ben.

lived in a appartment above a hair salon

childhood memories of people on the top deck of double deck buses looking in my bedroom window..lol..lol..lol..true.

These days i have cattle and sheep looking over my fence....long way from london.........trucker.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

three days

I'm in the lush, green, heavy forested Appalachian Mountains of southwestern North Carolina. I live on Shootin' Creek (no; there is no "g" at the end of many words in Appalachia---often no "s" at the end either; i.e. "I live eight mile from town on Shootin' Creek.) The going joke is that we have not solved a murder along Shootin' Creek in 123 years, because we all have the same DNA and there ain't no dental records. I'm three days sober. Last night my hands and arms shook as bad as they ever have. I'm filled with joyousness and anticipation for how my relationships with those close to me will change for the better. Most of my friends are big time drinkers------I'm going to have to learn to still play music and go camping with them while not being tempted to drink. I have an administrative job for a living, but I'm in a folk-rock band that plays regularly ---- pop bands do not play symphonic halls or church basements---we play in bars and smoky clubs where more in the audience than not are altered.......I have not had a relationship with God in many decades-----that is changing daily as I know I must draw from a higher power to not drink------thanks for listenin---it helps to write and not think about drinking, which I have done all afternoon
Old 03-09-2009, 01:52 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Originally Portland Ore., then So Cal., now Bullhead City, Az 2 blocks from the Colorado River, soon moving to the Bay Area in Cali. Trying to find my "home"!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I didnt want to relocate to Houston
yrs ago, however the move was that
important for my 2 kids then. To have
more opportunities to grow and experience.

I grew up in West Baton Rouge. On the
other side of the Mississippi River Bridge.
At 18 I made a BIG move to the East side.

That was a huge move in my life as
it was to move to Houston, However
I always knew Baton Rouge was my
hometown. The whole 10 yrs i was
in Houston I prayed and cried to
move back home.

It wasnt gonna happen in my time
but my HP's time and sure enough
my prayers were answered 3 yrs ago.

I did move into an apt.....not a home
tho....all the houses i lived in were
never homes because u have to make
changes in a house to become ur home.

I searched all my life for love and in
people places and things until recently,
like 1 1/2 yrs ago when my HP brought
my new husband as of Feb 14th 2009
together.

All the house and apts. i lived in where
never my home. They all belonged to
someone else. Even the house I moved
into recently. This one belongs to my new
husband.

It's amazing how I have felt sooooo
comfortable living here. This is FINALLY
home for me. Know why? Its filled with
love, care, sobriety, trust, faith, honesty
and more.

At this time in my life, recovery, I feel
blessed.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Texas! Love it here, especially that Texans are proud to be Texans. I find that there are wonderful people where ever I go and the stereotypes that I hear about people from different places never pan out to be true!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

aasharon90, that was nice to read!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Texas is a nice place....I use to go
with my family and 3 sibling to Houston
alternating with Panama City for
vacations.

Texas has soooooo much to offer....my
kids benifited so much from living there.

Me, i left my comfort zone to move
with my little family just to get out
of the little corner of the world i
thought id stay in for the rest of
my life.

Texas is a great place to vacation
and eat but for me it was never
home.....Things may have been
different in my 25 yr marriage
however they werent.

Home is where the heart is at.

Baton Rouge has always been
where my heart was at and now
even more so in the home i live
in.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hurricane Katrina has provided me with a lot of friends from Louisiana as I live near Houston. I love the food and their compassion for enjoying life!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I am an Aussie. Born and bred in St Kilda (suburb of Melbourne) state of Victoria, lived in Whyalla and near Woomera in South Australia. Moved to North Queensland 30 years ago, and love it. Australia has a Rugby history, esp with the All Blacks of NZ, and I must admit those Kiwis have given us a hard time lately.
We have just had a nerve wracking time worrying about family and friends who were in the midst of the recent bushfires from hell, in Victoria. Within a few days of those fires being contained it was our turn for trouble up here, as Cyclone Hamish (bigger than Katrina) threatened to give us heaps. Praise God it passed by and is going out to sea now.

When it rains here, we have RAIN., nothing unusual to get 4 or so inches in 2 hours, but that is during what we call the "wet season", from November to end of March. Temps can be up to 34 and humid at that time, and cold showers are a 3 times daily event. But come the rest of the year, it is Heaven on earth, with no humidity, daily temps of 15 low to 27 high, blue skies, breezes and rain showers for only a few minutes at night.

I live in what is called The Whitsundays, which is in the Great Barrier Reef area. Mackay is a sugar cane producing region, also close to some of the best and largest coal mines in the world. The area is filled with top class resorts, great sailing, fishing, back packing and fun times. We have beaut beaches and if it wasn't for a couple of nasties in the water, I would go swimming. If I work out how to get some snaps into my posts I will show some of it.

Last edited by Jadmack25; 03-09-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: missed out on few things
Old 03-09-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

well I am a bit more difficult than that, I was born on an airplane over the tri city airport in Midland Michigan ( USA) but by the time I was 12 I had been around the world twice I am a double PK ( preachers kid) as well as a Navy bratt..........So now as an Adult I love in Flint Michigan..............horriable place to live no jobs at all but this is where my home is!

Pamm
Old 03-09-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IantheWino View Post
I'm in Denver, a city known for its micro brews. Luckily beer is not my poison of choice!
Ever been to 1311 York Street? I have lots of AA friends and sponsorship family in Denver.

I live in Everett, Washington, about half-an-hour north of Seattle. Lived here for the past thirty years.

Every winter I threaten to move out of here. The days are short, dark damp, & chilly. It can be a real drag.

But when it is summertime and you can see The Olympics and Puget Sound with the islands to the west and The Cascades to the east with Mount Baker on the northern horizon, there is no place I'd rather be.
Jim
Old 03-09-2009, 06:26 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ohio here.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:27 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Castleford, Yorkshire, England and quite proud of it.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

warm and sunny

AZ is very nice here, a couple cold nites when the heater kickes in, but few this time of year!

love and happy sobreity to all!

:ghug