Notices

Down In The Dumps...

Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Sounds like you have been pretty busy. Hope you dont have an infection either. Just take it easy and dont push yourself too much.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:41 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Suzette,

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough morning. Ill be praying that the swelling goes down and NO FLARE UP!! Keep Hanging in there!

Angie
Old 03-02-2009, 11:48 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

:praying:praying:praying for you, Suzette!!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Today is not a bad day mentally, my moods are fairly level. Physically I don't feel well at all. My fibromyalgia has every thing hurting and I am exhausted. I am also getting the shingles on my nose again. I think the stress of the last couple of days brought them out. I deal with stress well, but my body doesn't. Thats the thing about stress, it will show it's ugly face (no pun inteded) in one way or another. I'm glad I got in a good workout yesterday, because today I am not accomplishing anything. I was going to start my new Bible study group this morning and I slept right through it. I was very excited for it as it will be my first womens bible study ever.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:30 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I hope you're feeling a bit better now. Don't overstress yourself! I really like your signature.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Still hurting physically... My knees, my elbows and my hips all feel bruised to the touch; I had a hard time sleeping last night.

Mentally I am a bit depressed, not too bad though. It is so beautiful outside and it makes me stircrazy to be inside. I picture me on a hike in the foothills, taking in the beautiful spring day. Oh well, at least I can hear the birds out the window. There is a blue spruce tree right outside my bedroom window with a couple of bird feeders. The sound of birds chirping makes me smile.

I'm sure within a few days I will be back in action and then I can take my hike. I can't wait...
Old 03-05-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
I picture me on a hike in the foothills, taking in the beautiful spring day. Oh well, at least I can hear the birds out the window. There is a blue spruce tree right outside my bedroom window with a couple of bird feeders. The sound of birds chirping makes me smile.

I'm sure within a few days I will be back in action and then I can take my hike. I can't wait...
Sounds like a perfect day Suzette. I hope you're back on your feet and able to do that soon.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Me too. You just made me want to go peek my oitiful head outside and see what type of day it is here. Hope its nice,. MAybe I can open a window or two. Would be nice to be able to sit on my deck one time before I am confined to a hospital for a month. Hope you feel better..(((Suzette)))
Old 03-07-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Still hurting - I am having the worst pain over the last few days than I ever remember having. Even the soles of my feet and hands hurt. I have been absolutely worthless over the last several days... In fact it seems like I have more bad days than good. I am trying to keep a positive frame of mind, but am depressed and anxious all at the same time.
What is keeping me going now is my puppy being in heat. We got some doggy diapers for her, but I have to stay with her constantly because they don't fit her well being a doxie, she is built a little differently. She is scheduled to be spayed on Monday, i guess mother nature didn't want to wait that long.

The sun is shining bright again and mornings are my favorite time of day with those birds chirping. Obviously I really love birds. Still waiting to get out on that nature hike.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:24 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I havn't been tracking my moods very well for awhile. I guess things have really not changed much since my last post until today. Physically I still don't feel well. Mentally I'm feeling a bit manic and have been having panic attacks today. So my mind is saying go while my body's saying no. I'm hoping to feel better physically so I can put some of this energy to good use.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hope you get to feeling better soon! I'm kind of in a rough place myself. I feel like I'm going backwards and forwards at a 100 MPH while being upside down at the same time.

*goofy* (couldn't find a wacky smilie, but that's what I feel like lately)

:ghug2
Old 03-13-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon Suz. I am thinking of you. (((Suz)))
Old 03-14-2009, 04:05 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hope you will get thru this rotten time and feel better very soon.

God bless
Old 03-18-2009, 05:30 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Yesterday I worked out in the yard for 3 hours doing alot of digging and rock work. I knew after the first hour I should stop. I knew I needed to pace myself, but I was full of energy and just couldn't make myself stop. I knew i would pay for it today and I am. I am fatigued and sore and have done nothing but 1 load of laundry. I have had alot of mood swings throughout the day. I think I may be slipping into another depression... I will have to wait and see if I'm learning to recognize my bipolar up's and down's before they happen.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Can relate

Hi TooMuch,

I haven't been here for quite awhile, but have been visiting the past week as I am getting mentally prepared to quit or cut down a lot. I have fibro also and feel the same. I was diagnosed when I quit drinking before ( for 5 years, what made me start again????) Maybe the numbing and dealing with the anxiety while I was drinking made the pain more bearable??

Well, my moderation has failed and I am ready to get mentally healthy again to better deal with this frustrating illness.

Take Care,
IMT
Old 03-19-2009, 07:17 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Itsmytime - We have more in common than the fibro. I quit drinking while I was hospitalized for suicidal tendencies. It was there I was diagnosed with bipolar the first time. Shortly after I quit drinking I developed fibro. I was sober for 7 years before a family crisis put me over the edge... that combined with the fact that I had quit taking my meds. I drank heavily for 3 more years before I quit again. Now I am medicated for both the mental and physical illnesses. Obviously I still don't feel great, but I'm working on it.

If you are anything like the rest of us moderation will never work. I am glad you are going to work on your metal health as well as the fibro.

Thanks for sharing... I am extremely sorry that you deal with pain, on the other hand it is always nice to know that we are not alone.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
User

Hi Toomutch,

Just wanted to say hello & let you know I'm sending well-wishes your way!! I was diagnosed with fibro when I was 17 and have been incredibly fortunate that it's been very mild so far. I can't imagine living through the intensity of it that you do - you are a very strong person to endure it day to day. I hope you're feeling better today.

Kelly
Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I was wrong about a depression coming on... actually quite the opposite! I had so much energy again today that I worked it the yard for 4 hours, did a load of laundry, cooked a big dinner and cleaned the sheets and put them back on the bed.

I am going to think positive and tell myself I am not going to be in pain tomorrow from overdoing it.

I had alot of racing thoughts today... You name it, I thought about it. COuldn't get to deep in thought about any on ething for long.

Anyway today was okay... I'll wait and see what tomorrow brings.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Just briefly scanned over the last few posts

Are you keeping a journal?

It's useful or, I found it to be in early recovery
Old 03-20-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi Toomuch,

Hope you are feeling good today.. I overdid it this week and now my back and hips are really bad..taking it easy today though...racing thoughts, my goodness I have been going through this awful the past month. I think I am feeling guilty for drinking again and punishing myself. I made amends when I quit before, but the guilt must be underlying and making me miserable. I am thinking about things 1 year to 15 years ago. What's up with that, it was dealt with already!!!!

Time to quit again to get that peaceful feeling back - not to mention losing all the weight I gained (20 pounds ) from partying again. Dare I say Day 1 ??

Take care,