Notices

RE: Jason2748 Intro

Old 02-17-2009, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

RE: Jason2748 Intro

Hello Everyone! I am new to SR, so please forgive me if I get tangled in the threads and postings. I am trying to learn how to use this site as I go, so I thank you for your patience in advance.

My brief history: I completed an out-patient program in August last year, and stayed sober through November. then relapsed just one night. Now for the past several months I have gone a week or two with no drinking and then out of the blue I will hit the bottle for just one night. Trouble is the nights are beginning to come closer together.

I also struggle with the AA philosophy and program like many of you, and even though I went to many different meeting groups while I was going through the out-patient program I was not able to find my own level of comfort with the AA folks in my area. I read the big book, and believe in my higher power. I am also a pretty social person so I am not sure why I struggle so with the AA ideals and program.

Any how, I found SR this past weekend, and I am going to give it a whirl. So far I like what I see. Hopefully, like most things in life, I will get back what I give. Thanks! Jason2748
Old 02-17-2009, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jason,

Welcome,

I'm glad you found us.

There are other ways to recover than using AA. Many people here use AA and it works for them, but many people use different recovery programs. For me, SR is my lifeline, and has been for years.

Keep reading and posting.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Jason, I think you'll find SR an invaluable help to ya..I have.

Peace...look forward to your thoughts and posts.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Jason. I think SR has been more help to me than AA so far because it's here anytime I need it. Stick around.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR Jason.
I keep coming to this site daily for encouragement and inspiration.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and thanks for posting. I have been a member since just last May and I have been sober since just last May. Its not a coincidence. If you want to use SR for recovery then you must really use it. I would say when you feel an urge coming on and nothing will sidetrack it get on SR and post. There will be many wise people that will walk you through that moment and then teach you how to handle any future urges. I wish you good things in the future and know that you CAN do it! I don't THINK you'll do it. I KNOW you'll do it!!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome, Jason!:ghug3
Old 02-17-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome Jason.
Like a lot of the others so far I have only used SR for support. Bu coming here daily I have not had the urge to drink even through some tough social gatherings. I think it works best for members that come on a regular basis because when someone slips they have usually been away for a period of time.
I want to restate what Horselover said and that is if you do get an urge to come here and post and read and someone will likely answer within a few minutes to try to help you make the decision you know you want to make.
I hope SR works as well for you as it is for a lot of us.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Welcome!