Notices

I need some support

Old 02-16-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

I need some support

If there was ever a day that I was going to drink, it would be today. I woke up full of energy after actually being able to sleep. I was dressed in perfectly pressed clothes ready to go to work at my new job and start making some money and pull my family out of this financial rut we have been in. I kissed my girls and wife goodbye, opened the garage and........my car has been repoed (i think). I was several payments behind and was waiting on a big check to get caught up, but I think they came and took it. I say I think, because they were closed due to the holiday so I am hopping it wasn't stolen. Anyway, I am really down in the dumps right now. I feel violated as someone actually pulled up in my driveway overnight and took my vehicle. I feel like a low life who can't pay his bills, support his family, or keep his property. BTW, I in no way want to offend anyone else in financial crisis, I am just voicing how I feel. So my friend said he will lend me the money to get the car back, but I still feel bad. I am seconds away from telling the wife I need at least one beer, but we all know one isn't enough. I need some support please.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

I probably don't have to say this but drinking won't help.
If you refrain from taking a drink you will emerge a little bit stronger. Do it for your wife, do it for your kids, but mostly do it for yourself.
You came here first because you know you don't want to drink.
We are all here rooting for you and supporting you as is your family so be strong.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand how you feel violated with your car being taken in the middle of the night. I'm sorry that happened. But, it's great that you have a new job and a chance to move forward with your life.

Focus on the positive and this will work out.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The booze won't make the car come back or the money for you to pay for it. It will **** with your head and make a bad situation much worse. Don't drink!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hopefully you can get your car back ok, I know it is bad timing. The last thing you or any of us needs is a drink

Its good to know that you have friends that have your back, count yourself lucky in that respect. Focus on getting your car back & starting that new job, everything will fall into place.

Take Care :ghug2
Old 02-16-2009, 03:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

hang in there....dont give in....you will feel better, this will pass...who know what will happen if you take that drink.....Im sorry about what happened...it must feel awful, but its better to feel than to be numb because when we numb ALL the feelings are gone, even the good ones...be good to yourself
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am sorry for your frustrating circumstances, but you know as well as i do that there's nothing so bad that drinking can't make it worse. Please don't pick up. That would only add to your troubles.

:ghug3
  # 8 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Think of the money you used to spend on booze..
Old 02-16-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please don't drink. We're here to support you any way we can. PM me if you need to vent or anything. I had a bad day too, but not quite as bad as yours. And I have to say, I almost had myself talked into buying "just a couple".
Old 02-16-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hey C23...please try to keep things in perspective. It is a car, an object, a thing.......it really is a small in the grand scheme of things.....I am not trying to undermine your feelings......but it's not a big one in this thing we call life. Something big would be your wife or child if they suddenly were gravely ill......a limb lost in an accident, a death, etc.....this is a car, and one you can get back.
YOU my friend, are on your way UP! Do not let this ruin your good attitude. Laugh at it.........rack it up to your drinking days and move on and think...."wow THAT's not gonna happen again"..........so go take those nicely pressed clothes and go kick some butt at your new job!!!!!!!!! Hugs.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

I am so sorry that happened. If you call the non-emergency line of the police department they have a list of repo's so you can find out for sure. They keep it in case someone calls it in as stolen.

Hang in there. You can absolutely make it through today and when you wake up tomorrow sober and w/o a hangover you are going to feel amazing. Big Hugs. Stay close to us today.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

C23, bro, I know this is a low blow and really devastating for you. Please don't pick up a drink today, it will just add on to already bad problems. I really don't know of or have much advice to offer, but feel free to PM me if you need to scream, rant, rave, cuss or whatever and I'll be here to let you get anything you need off your chest. I'm going through a rough day myself, so I understand how "easy" it would be just to go get sh*tfaced and forget about it for the moment. But we can be strong and NOT drink today. Do it for you first, as well as your family. You, the family, and all of us will be so happy and proud of you for being strong enough to not drink. Remember myself and everyone else is here if you need someone to talk to and just vent and all. Stay strong brother we're all in it together trying to help each other out.
Wes