Notices

Good meeting...

Old 02-15-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good meeting...

So, had a really good meeting tonight. It was an open discussion meeting and the topic was honesty. A lot of really great stories that I could really relate to and all. It was by far the biggest meeting I've been to yet, so was a little nervous, but not too bad because there was quite a few familiar faces.

And when they did chips tonight the first one they did (don't know if it's just this group or if others do this) was a white chip for surrender. Hope I can explain this right, is for about the lines of surrendering and making/showing the dedication you want to stick to the group and and make the honest effort to work on staying sober and all. I'm not all that good at explaining things, I have the idea and know exactly what it's for in my head, but don't know how to put it into words. But, the guy I rode with explained this all to me before the meeting and all and told me it was up to me if I felt ready to go for that one or not, and when they did it, I felt comfortable enough to go for it and did. Now my next one will be for 30 days.

I'm surprised I actually had guts enough to get up in front of so many people and make a commitment like that, let alone just get up in front of that many people period. I'm the real shy nervous type so if it's a group bigger than just me I'm really nervous. Even before I started drinking I was always the quiet stay to myself kind that would stay locked up in my room by myself every chance I could. So, getting up in front of the group like this and in such a good way is a major accomplishment for me. And hopefully soon I can get over my "peoplephobia" or "crowdphobia".

But, it was a great meeting and I really got a lot out of it. So, between that and the blessing earlier today of the church group helping out with food...this has been a really great day. And I feel so blessed and thankful. Thanks all for letting me share and be a part of the SR family. You all are great.
Wes
Old 02-15-2009, 07:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

stick with the winners wes..
Old 02-15-2009, 08:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice work Wes & congrats on getting up & accepting that commitment chip. The 30 day chip will be in your pocket soon enough.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Soon enough it will be. 11 days as of today. Taking it one day at a time and as long as I keep doing that I'll be amazed at how fast the time flies by.
Wes
Old 02-15-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're doing fantastic Wes, keep up the great work!!