Notices

TOPIC: Raise Your Hand If You Are POWERLESS Over Drinking

Old 02-15-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by eeerooo View Post
I am too powerless to break this freaking cycle. I'm an Agnostic. I was not brought up with any religion and I just wonder who my HP is going to be. Where is he. Who(or what) can I surrender to. How do I go about finding a HP????? I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I've read the blue book and there's a chapter on this but I guess my mind is too messed up to understand it. Maybe I need to read it again. That's what I'll do.
You might start a thread in the secular forum. There are many of us there that do not accept the concept of powerlessness nor attempt to invoke higher powers to intervene. It also sounds like you might need a little help with detox, especially if you've been using benzo's regularly as well as alcohol. You have the power to get help for that.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

the power I DO have keeps me from drinking. I do not feel powerless, not anymore, not at all.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have the power within myself. I'm the one I have to trust, I'm the one I have to count on, forgiving myself and learning from my mistakes is what will take me where I need to be. I believe I'm here to learn something and I'm doing my best to do just that. I am here for a reason. But there are always my spiritual guides, and they weren't easy to find.