Notices

I called AA, no help

Old 02-14-2009, 05:48 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

"In the earliest days of AA the term "sponsor" was not in the AA jargon. Then a few hospitals in Akron, Ohio, and New York began to accept alcoholics (under that diagnosis) as patients-if a sober AA member would agree to "sponsor" the sick man or woman. The sponsor took the patient to the hospital, visited him or her reguarly, was present when the patient was discharged, and took the patient home and then to an AA meeting"

-From Living Sober pg 26.

Not that this matters, but it appears that sponsors used to be involved in hospital visits.

The important thing is that you are doing better Least, Im so glad.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I will be going back to my home group mtg this week, as well as my counselor. I need a program in place to make sure this doesn't happen again. Just getting thru the worst of the withdrawals will be such a help. again, I thank and love all of you. YOu mean the world to me!!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Hi Least!

I'm glad you are feeling better and you sound optimistic. I know that you will come through this and continue to be a bright spot here at SR. Your experience and support will help many on the path to recovery.

Blessings to you
Old 02-14-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Felly...we often do still visit hospitals....jails...mental wards.

As far as driving people to them....it can be dangerous for either or both.

What if some one dies in your car? What If you are in an accident?
I don't know the legal term...try Googleing "Good Samaritan"
for libility laws in your state.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Least, if you ever get to feeling like no one cares about you (This disease wants us to feel this way, especially when we're struggling) I hope you will pull this thread up. Look at the overwhelming love and support that you have gotten.

I think you need to change your screen name. "least" means not too much . . . you are quite alot!

Anyone have any ideas? I think she needs a new name for a new lady! This is the fresh, new start you have been wanting. God has plans for you, I truly believe that.

I think it should be - notintheleast

I hope you get a refreshing, restful night's sleep and wake up with an attitude of gratitude.

In regards to what Carol said, there have been many situations with 12 Step calls that have started out meaning well but haven't always turned out that way. I do remember a thread on this several months ago. It is all about safety, the safety of EVERYONE involved.

Love ya Lady!
Judy
Old 02-14-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Excellent plan Least.....
Old 02-14-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
6/20/08

C'mon, Least. WE NEED YOU!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
cmc

least, I'm so glad you are taking care of yourself and feeling better too.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:32 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My name is from a verse in Matthew "that which you do unto the least of these, my brethren, you do unto me." So that's the reason for the name. A reminder to do unto "the least of these" as He did, and also that I am one of the 'least of these', His brethren. does that make sense?:ghug
Old 02-15-2009, 03:49 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Isn't there something about the least will be the first in line...? I dunno, I'm not that great with scriptures! Whatever, (!!) it really does make sense. It really does show you for who you are: you have such great humility, but yet you are so strong for those you give your care to.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:11 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I grew up in a christian home, church every sunday and wednesday too. Got away from it but then came back as I got older. My favorite verse, the one I think that best embodies what Christianity is all about. "that which you do unto the least of these, my brethren, you do unto Me."

Yeah, I think it goes "the last will be first and the first will be last" not sure where to find it.

You can both be 'the least of these' and you can do for the least of these, His brethren. Helping begets help. Paying it forward.

:ghug3

I'm feeling a litle drowsy this morning - been up since 4 - but it sure beats the shakes and agitation. And I also have no desire to drink, the thought repulses me. And I don't want to worship anything I have to hide.

:ghug

also, I'm not blaming AA for anything. They were just doing what they're supposed to do. I hold nothing against AA. It saved my butt at first and it will save it again. And I know they don't shoot their wounded, but patch them up and hold them up to the light of sobriety, so to speak, with their words and actions.:ghug3
Old 02-15-2009, 06:39 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hey least - when you first posted this thread you seemed so distressed I was shocked. Don't get me wrong, but after that it's actually kinda nice to hear you say, "I'm feeling a little drowsy this morning!" LOL

Stay with it, Least. (hug) You already know what sobriety gave you before, and with the help of those around you I suspect you'll be back on your feet, and much the wiser, in no time.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, least.

Thinking of you and wanting the best for you. I hope you have a good day.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good Morning least,

How is ya? (just my country roots coming out abit,lol) I hope you're proud that you made it through a night without the ole' handicap crutch we relied on for so long. I sure am proud of ya. Way to Go!
Old 02-15-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Drowsy is good... You're body is healing.

You're in my prayers sweety...
Old 02-15-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
I have a purpose today.

I am sooo proud of you for doing this.I will be praying for you.
You are a miracle in the making.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Old 02-15-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Least,

I've been thinking about you and thinking about what courage it takes to get back up the way you are doing.

I am overwhelmed and impressed with your determination, your honesty, and your re-committment to your recovery.

Emilie
Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Yes, but is there some such rule where it's not allowed for another AA member to, at minimum, drive least there? Forgive me if I seem obtuse...
Thanks, least...for clarifying. What you said was your local AA members "couldn't" not that they wouldn't help. I would have been terribly surprised and disappointed, if it had been the latter. Not in my 29 years experience with AA have I ever known them not to go out of their way...if at all possible. But, you did have your Mom to do what any of the AA's would have done anyway.

Thank goodness, you seem to be doing better...keep on keeping on, least! Hugs and good thoughts to you, my friend.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs to least!

:praying