Notices

I called AA, no help

Old 02-14-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers to ya, least. and remember - we're all here for you! hugs, k
Old 02-14-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Least girl just remember threw this all YOU ARE STRONG.......we know it and have seen it just every now and then you lose sight of it.......send you good thoughts your way.....

Love and hugs,
Pamm
Old 02-14-2009, 07:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Least, that's a very good choice you have made.

My prayers are with you that you get through this day.

Please keep us updated on how you're doing.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I'm proud of you to make a decision to get help. I want the old Least back, I know she's still there, there's just some other stuff that needs to be handled a little bit first. I'll be thinking really good thoughts of you, and we'll all be here with big hugs when you get back!!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My God, Least - I can't believe this, I've been so wrapped up in myself I've missed how desperate you are yourself. I'm so, so sorry. Meds have complicated things for me too, and this has been raised by AA members that I've spoken to, so I know that there are things that AA just can't get involved with. But they will help you in every way they can... you just need the medical help too.

Oh, Least... Get the help. My love and thoughts to you, and your mum, and please, please get well.

X.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Take it from someone who was in the hospital for a few days with something else and forced to detox there, it is the best place you can be. Good luck.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Love you, honey. I sincerely hope the best for you. Update us when you can. Know that we love you and will be thinking about you.

:ghug3
Old 02-14-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Least,that is wonderful news! I am so glad that you are going to get all the support and care you need for you and your sobriety. you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

(((Least)))

Old 02-14-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I hope everything works out Sweetie~ You know I care about you very much! You are in my thoughts and prayers~
Old 02-14-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you Least ((hug))
Old 02-14-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good luck Least, really hope it goes well:-)
Old 02-14-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

We will all be here when you get back

Thinking of you
Old 02-14-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You couldn't have made a better choice to help yourself by asking for help. You were
facing more then just putting the drink down, considering you are also going through, depression which makes the effort of getting sober so much harder. May your Higher Power grant you the courage and strength, for whatever you need.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

((((((least))))))

I hope by the time you read everyone's support and good wishes here that you are experiencing some relief.

I'm thinking of you and hope that you're getting the help that you need.

Take good care.

Big hug,

Donna
Old 02-14-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I called the Akron area AA group hotline but they said they had no local phone numbers to give me from my town. So I called a place in town to ask for a twelve step call for them to go with me to the ER, but no one could do it. So my mom took me there. They gave me ativan in an IV and a small scrip to get me thru the next three days. Still a bit shaky but calming down now. I was there almost four hours. Feel a bit groggy from the ativan but not so agitated as I was.

So I can detox at home under meds to calm me down and keep the agitation away. I feel better now that I know I can stay sober with the detox help of the meds to keep from getting the shakes so bad.

Thanks all for your love and concern!
Old 02-14-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're feeling better, Least. I think you made the right call by going to the ER.

Love,

Lenina
Old 02-14-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I hope you are able to get the help that you need. If it isn't hard enough trying to make it through each day without drinking, when clinical depression and other issues are in the picture as well, it can seem as though there is no answer.

But I am living, breathing proof that there is hope and there is help out there, we just have to find the right type of help that we need. I know the desperation that you are feeling right now. I felt the same way when my Mom took me to the ER back in July of 2005. I was completely honest with the Dr.'s and told them everything and as a result, I got the right help and haven't picked up since.

You can do this. Just remember that we are all with you in spirit. You're a very important part of this huge, extended family and we love you dearly.

I was just getting ready to submit this when I say that you are home now. This can be the first day of your new life. Valentine's Day, what a wonderful day to be your Sobriety Date!

I'm going to send you an email right now.

Hugs & Prayers,
Judy
Old 02-14-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Dear Least...I am SO HAPPY you are safely back home and that you have the support and LOVE of your Mom to help and guide you thru this difficult and emotional period. I am also glad that you have some relief to help you cope with via the meds. BTW...It's nice to meet you as well Least! I am pretty new to SR but loving it SO MUCH! It is sad taht you didn't have a good experience by calling AA but good that you had your Mom who is probably the bestest support in the whole world. She must be a super awes lady! Kisses to her and hugs to you BOTH!!! Hope you get "WELL very soon" Least!

Love Pancake =^..^=
Old 02-14-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

least, I am pulling for you. I really had no idea where you were right now. When you get back, let us know how you are because we care about you.

Much love to you.