Notices

hi all

Old 02-13-2009, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

hi all

i just want to thank you for all your posts, success stories abd positive attitudes!!!! you all have really helped me!
AM struggling tonite, my healh care got cut off for 45 days, because they say i failed to return a paper, but i am positive i did!
i am 23 days sober and attribute it to IOP and meds for depression and cravings? (i am a long time drunk)

so, do not know what to do w/o meds for 45 days! i am so scared that things will not go right, that i "might" slip and i do not want to do that!

well ty for listening, any help would be appreciated!
jow :praying
Old 02-13-2009, 10:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

You won't "slip" unless you choose to! It's not something that happens TO you. You can do it, look at where you are now!! Stay close to SR, and close to anything supportive and positive in your life that keeps you going, and you can pull thru the 45, and beyond, I just know it!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

I agree, the closer you are to SR and your support structures, the better. You can get through this.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Joinbow, I'm just learning myself that life's problems are now much easier solved by being sober.

One day at a time my friend.

I'm right behind you at 21 days.
Don't let me pass you.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Richard54 View Post
Joinbow, I'm just learning myself that life's problems are now much easier solved by being sober.

One day at a time my friend.

I'm right behind you at 21 days.
Don't let me pass you.

truth.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Resident

It will be tough Jo but you can do it. When you do you will be stronger and more confident than ever.
Life is throwing you a little test and we are confident that you can handle it. Stay close to SR as there are people here to support you 24/7.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

ty

thanks to you all for the positive posts!!!!!!

i know i can do this also, am just afraid!!!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 02:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am sorry you got cut off your meds. Hopefully you will be able to get back on them again after 45 days.

In the meantime, we are here for you and I know you can get through this.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Where I am, my Walgreen's will give me an "emergency supply" of a drug if there is some hold-up for insurance or doctor reasons. Five days, usually. And that gives me time to sort out the problem....

Alternatively, I would think they'd let you pay out of pocket for them (a few to get you over) if the problem is purely insurance.

Hang in there! I hope this gets sorted out. I hope you know that the strength behind your sobriety comes from deep inside you. Not from your meds. They help and I would be in a bit of trouble without mine. So I sympathize. But, the absence of your meds shouldn't invariably equal picking up.

You can do this!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

mle

ty for all the good advice, yes i might have to borrow $ and pay for the meds myself. i do not mean to sound like a "sissie" but i am doing sooooooooo good on these meds and am afraid to get off of them....i am VERY afraid of drinking again, it scares me?

Old 02-14-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
mle-sober

The word "sissie" is as far away from my mind as possible.

"Brave" is the word I'd use. I totall agree that changing anything in the balance of it all when you finally get it right is terrifying. Like an applecart. Definitely scary. Didn't mean to imply otherwise. Just wanted to shore you up with a little positve thinking.

Hang tight and talk to your pharmicist. Actually, mine gave me 5 pills in advance and didn't charge me at all, once. Just said I'd pay for it when I got the rest of the perscription sorted out. Maybe you could explain and ask for that? Never hurts to ask. They don't want to see you crash and burn.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If they are generic meds you can probably get them at Wal Mart for very cheap, I think it is $15 for generics. Either way, we are here to support you.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Originally Posted by jowinbo View Post
.i am VERY afraid of drinking again, it scares me?
Jow my heart goes out to you, I hope you can work things out to get your meds. I know right now things seem scary for you. Changes are tough. Please know we are here anytime you need support. I wish the best for you