Notices

Hope

Old 02-12-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hope

When all seems lost, and the darkness surrounds us, there is hope yet. When life is passing by and we are just watching, still there is hope. Into the abyss when that light seems a million miles away, it is still there. Waiting. Waiting for you and for me, for anyone who wants it. There is a life after drugs, and whatever speck of light you can see, just grab it. Hold on to it like your life depends on it, because if you're anything like me it does. Hope is there, to be had by all. No matter how down and out, how bad it gets. Miracles happen every day. God isn't a requirement to have hope, although he sure helps for me. All you need is a little belief in yourself, and those clean and sober people all over the world. They are here to help you, and me. I had nothing but a sliver of belief, a small seed of hope, when I started this journey. It has since grown, as it does every day. The whole world is waiting for people like you and I. We just need to get after it, stop existing and start living. So for anyone who is struggling with this nasty disease, just believe in yourself, we all have to start somewhere. There is a way up and out, but it takes some work. Just grab on to what little hope you may have, hold on, run like hell, and never look back. Good luck and God bless.

- Dirtyjerz
Old 02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Beautiful words. Thanks for the post.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Dirtyjerz...That was amazing, inspiring and exquisitely written!!! Wot a fabulous POST that was...THANK YOU for lifting my tired spirits tonight! It's always great to remember to "let go and LET GOD"...much appreciated...Let us ALL be "Thankful" for today...it is a GREAT DAY! We are ALIVE and sober! Does it get much better??

Big hugs, Pancake =^..^= :ghug3
Old 02-12-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

That is truly beautiful . . . did you write it?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is an amazing post. If you're down it'll bring your spirits up and if you're up it'll keep you headed in the right direction. I believe this is truly inspirational for anyone whether up or down. It will definitely help a lot of people I'm sure.
Wes
Old 02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words. Yes serenityqueen I wrote it. I used to write a lot when I was using, but it was mostly dark and depressing stuff. I still like to write like that but it's nice to mix in some positive stuff to remember where I came from and be grateful for what I got today.

- Dirtyjerz
Old 02-12-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dirtyjerz...

"I AM GRATEFUL for YOU Today"!!! You are a brilliant writer and I surely hope to read more of your inspirational posts very soon!

Thank you for the gift you gave all of us tonight! I am SO GRATEFUL for SR and for this day of Life. Dear Lord...Let ME give humble Thanks for all I have...I am very very blessed. Amen.

Pancake xo :ghug2