Notices

feeling down today

Old 02-12-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool feeling down today

I don't know why. I think I had my hopes up too high, like being sober was going to change everything. In the end, I'm still me and I have alot to work on. Ugh
Old 02-12-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Being sober is just the beginning for us to change...I'm still me too.

I'm with you in the fight mamabin....

Peace
Old 02-12-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Cheer up Mama. Focus on that tat you are going to be able to have with the money you are saving.
I am also hoping to see big changes from being sober but it hasn't happened yet. I an going to have faith for now that it will.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hear you mama - to me it is feeling bland - not exciting - but for now just hanging in there with the blands.. Hang in here with me, OK?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, hold on, being just you is far better than being just you with a hangover x
Old 02-12-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Hey there.

I dont believe i am gonna be totally different, but i do hope i will be happier without alcohol messing up my thinking and behaviour.
Remember as was said were all in this with ya.....
At first i thought... thats it iv'e stopped drinking... now what!!!!!
I have to say as i've written here... things actually got worse for awhile when i stopped drinking.... i messed up and drank to escape pressure.... but i really wish i had had that clear mind to deal with it...
It will get better..... but take away any crutch/drug and we are still there....but STRONGER!!!!
I know now if i need to deal with something hard... thats all i have to deal with... i dont have to deal with "God, what did i do or what did i say".
We are stronger.... even though its hard to see just now...
THATS WHAT CHANGED IN US.

Sorry if i have waffled on.
You take care

Be well
louis
Old 02-12-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!

Each day I'm reminded that the universe keeps moving along. I have the option of moving along with it or being stuck in my past.

I can change me. One day at a time.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
getting there

Sorry you are feeling down today. It's hard when it takes so much energy just to not drink, then you realize how much more energy it will take to actually work on becoming the person you want to be.

It'll be worth it though...
Old 02-12-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm just a girl

Originally Posted by masseyman View Post
Being sober is just the beginning for us to change...I'm still me too.

I'm with you in the fight mamabin....

Peace
yup, I'm fighting with you guys too.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Coming here and sharing that you are having difficulty is always good. Early sobriety can be a rollercoaster ride of emotions - but - things do settle down. They really do. Have faith that you're on the right path, and don't give in when your addict mind whispers seductively that just one drink will be okay. Don't listen to it! Alcoholism is a disease that tells us we don't have it.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better.

I wondered the same thing when I stopped drinking, but I soon realized that I had so much stuff to deal with. But, what I also found, was that I started feeling better in every way, and I was able to start dealing with my life.

Hang in there, you'll get through this!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dear Mamabin...I'm sorry you are down and sad and blue today ...It's okay to just "Feel what you feel right now" - It's just something that you always let the booze "override" before...b4 now...you didn't have to FEEL anything except been drunk. I am a newly sober person myslef...it only been 43 days for me and it seems like there is all kinds of new emotions and feelings to deal with all the time. I try to "accept these" feelings as part of who I really am and not who I WAS when I was drunk...I didn't like that 'ME' it was ugly and yucky...this is a whole world better and in time you will learn to accept these days along with the happy ones.

Big HUGS, Pancake =^..^= XO :ghug2
Old 02-12-2009, 08:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mamabin View Post
I don't know why. I think I had my hopes up too high, like being sober was going to change everything. In the end, I'm still me and I have alot to work on. Ugh
Mamabin,
Being sober won't change everything. It can change a lot though in that you won't be hungover ever again. You'll never get caught driving drunk. You won't be destroying your liver anymore. There's a lot of good that comes from not drinking. And you know what? It's not the end either, it's just the beginning. Sure you have alot to work on but at least you don't have the booze around to mess that all up and keep you where you were. It's still early for you. Life will get easier and breezier. Your blues will recede in time.

Peace,
Ken
Old 02-13-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I know what you mean, just look as being sober as a start. I mean, now that you are sober, you can work on the other parts with a clear head instead of the drunken "I'm gonna change everything and it's gonna beAWWWWSSSSOMME" ranting that you probably have done in the past. I know I have.

Me, my first thing was to accept more responsibility in the everyday running of the household. I work at home and we have no kids, but I didn't cook. Wife would come home and cook dinner and stuff. Now I am cooking (or at least helping) at least three nights of the week and cleaning a little every day instead of letting it get bad enough where it becomes a chore. Doing these things makes me feel better about myself and is getting my brain into a more positive attitude that will help me with changing other aspects of my life.

Just my two cents
Old 02-13-2009, 05:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

mamabin,

I just joined today, but can totally relate to how you're feeling. I feel as tho I don't even know who I am, especially sober, for I've lived drunk for so long that I've lost touch with who I am sober. The drinking lifestyle is really the only lifestyle I know, so it's really scary right now to think of life without my crutch. I think of myself as a boring bonehead when not drunk, but the truth is that after 30+ years of drinking, I now consider the life of a drunk as much more boring, for I lived it wholeheartedly. It's kinda scary to get sober, but it's exciting in a way as well. It's like looking in the mirror and asking, "Just who are you, really?" Truth is, I don't know. I do feel confident that by asking to join this group, we have made the right moves in trying to discover and develop new ways of coping with life and to try to find meaning for our lives that we have so desperately sought in the bottle.

I am with you today on this new journey. Yep, the man in the mirror is the same, but the bags under my eyes have lessened abit and the bloodshot veins have receded for now. I hope you can see that you are a gift and it really is great just to be you. It just takes alot of getting used to.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

great things will start to happen. change the way you think and it will change what you see...

I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER REAL SOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

((((mamabin))))
Old 02-13-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Hi Mama,
How long have you been sober?