Notices

Thinking of coming off hydrocodone

Old 02-11-2009, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thinking of coming off hydrocodone

Hello all,
I have been on hydrocodone for quite a long time. I do not take anywhere near my script and average about 6 a day usually all at once at night. I am tinking I should come off but honestly am not sure if it is wise. I do not have to steal or lie to get the pills as they are legal and I am prescribed over 200 a month but I read about people coming off of them and accepting the pain rather than to continue taking them. I guess my question is to quit taking them is just for the sake of it and would I really feel better just to have pain than not. That is what prompted me to come here and explore this at all.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talk to your doctor about different forms of pain management. Most doctors are more than happy to work with you. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome hoosierindy,

You should definitely speak with your doctor, especially because you've been on these "quite a long time." You may need to taper off if that is what you and your doctor decide is best.

That being said, you are posting to a recovery website and so I'm wondering why it is that you take all your pills at once? Considering the fact that you are legitimately prescribed these pills for pain, are you not in pain during the day because you are not taking them? Are you taking the pills all at once at night in order to get high? I suggest that you be very honest with yourself when you answers these questions. Please post and let us know what your doctor says.