Notices

Great day...

Old 02-11-2009, 03:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Great day...

Well, I have to say today has honestly been a good and productive day. I've spent a majority of my time going through the Big Book today after my first meeting last night and it's been really helpful. I'm still having a hard time understanding some concepts, but I'm sure I can find someone to break things down a little simpler so I can understand them better. And I think the more I learn and the more I understand the better I can go about making my life the best life it can be without resorting back to alcohol, which is great because that's what I'm here for. A sober life with hope for the future.

Today started off great, then just kinda went numb for an hour or two, but when I took my vitamins and ate something I just started feeling a whole lot better. So I can be happy about that as well. And it was such a beautiful day today. About 74 outside, so got to open up all the windows and let all the great smelling fresh air in. Sat outside a good majority of the day reading while coming in every so often and checking the site out and all.

So I'm blessed and happy I'm making it through day seven very productively. As well as I am happy over knowing I'm not alone in this. It is a great feeling that there are many others such as the wonderful people here that I have been in the same boat with that I now get to share my newly found sobriety with. I think I found a great group of people here, as well as at my first AA meeting last night to share my sobriety with and for that I am truly blessed and thankful. While I know everyday is no picnic and will have it's ups and downs, I've found two great places that I seem to fit in at to share those ups and downs with.

Thank you all for everything you do. The encouraging words, the stories of hope, inspiration as well as the stories that let me know I'm not in any way alone in this. Thank you all for being a part of my new "sober family".

Wes
Old 02-11-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

such a positive post co, thank you. I am just back from my home group meeting. I am also feeling grateful today.. I must admitt a bit jealous of your weather. Its dark and dull here but I heard a robin sing this morning and it reminded me of my favourite season.....Spring ...I love it. I feel reborn in spring. everything just seems to burst into life. Where I live I get to see and hear young lambs, kittens, chicks and ducklings. I also got sober in springtime and I was born in spring so hurray for the robin this morning and my meeting and your post
Old 02-11-2009, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Spring is right around the corner nelco...not much longer to wait before you get to enjoy it!
Wes
Old 02-11-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

nelco: i LOVE spring too.. we still got a bit more winter to get through here in michigan though!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

reading AA too. i appreciate your honesty about not understanding/ or being able to wrap around the concepts...
i love the personal stories. not that i love that people have had to go through this.
but the personal stories, like whats on here, help me to understand the overall concepts more. the different ways each person finds and interprets their own recovery helps.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things are going well!

Taking care of yourself physically, spiritually and mentally every day will keep you on a great path of recovery!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mle-sober

You're doing a great job!