Notices

Felly need's some extra support!

Old 02-10-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Felly need's some extra support!

Our dear Felly is going through a lot of turmoil at this time, and was actually contemplating leaving SR. She is feeling alone and lost and needs all the support she can get from those who care about her.

We need you Felly; SR would not be the same without you… Please keep posting and PM me 100 times a day if you would like.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why is she thinking about leaving SR?
Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

support out to ya, felly.

:ghug3
Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Felly is feeling unsure of her importance here at SR. We all feel this way from time to time; I know I have...
Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Felly, I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Thanks for the heads up Suzette.

Felly, what's going on? Absolutely nothing is going to get better by you leaving SR. Your disease is working on you big time! Our disease loves it when we isolate because it knows that it has a much better chance of taking over our lives again when we don't have healthy people in our lives.

I'm going to just take a guess here, did you get some feedback that you didn't like? Did you read someone else's feedback that bothered you?

If this is the case, not everyone can give us the best feedback for situations that we are living in. Think about it, we share with others on here but there is no way that anyone can really know us from being on a website like this. How many times has a simple sentence been misunderstood? A joke can be misinterpreted because we unfortunately can't hear a person's tone of voice.

I could keep guessing away, but I won't waste anymore of this thread space. Bottom line is, we need you just as much as you need us.OK, you picked up a few weeks ago. I doubt there is one single person on SR who can honestly say that once they made the decision to get clean and sober, they never picked up again. Maybe it's happened out there somewhere, but I think those people are few and far between.

The bottom line is, you would be giving in to your disease if you stopped using a support system that you obviously love and where you are loved for who you are!

Hugs,

Judy
Old 02-10-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

I don't know felly that well, have seen her posts and would say, they are important pieces of info that is needed here. I've only been here a short while, but I would say if your here, your needed here. Felly you are here to get help and support to quit alcohol. You are not here to quit on us, or yourself.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

SerenityQueen said it beautifully (as usual!!). SR is a better place with you as a part of it, felly.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hey Felly, I have felt this way myself recently. I even wondered if anyone would notice if I wasn't around anymore. Yet every so often I'll get a PM from someone who's been helped by something I've said, and it makes my day. You are an important part of our community, and I wish I could be of more help. Please don't go.

Thank you, Suzette.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Suzette

Once again you grace others with your humanity.

Felly, I hope you are there and reading these posts.

We all become discouraged. I sure have. I haven't had the inspiration or the spark to post in some time. But I never left.

This place is family. There are so many here who have no idea how much I need and respect them. You are one of those. Don't be like Space Dementia, who disappeared into the ether.

We all have our "place" here. Sometimes that place changes. The helper, the helpee. The alpha and the omega. Sometimes we provide the shoulder, othertimes we are carried by others.

Stick around, Felly. All families are dysfunctional from time to time. SR is no exception.

best to you,

warren
Old 02-10-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Felly -
We are > the sum of our parts.. You are one of our parts.. Stick around with us please!

kindbird
Old 02-10-2009, 10:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

IMO I think everyone here brings their own different perspective to alcoholism and recovery which is essential and one of the biggest reasons why SR is a support tool. If Felly is not going to be part of that anymore and leaves that is one less collective support prop for all of us to keep sober and be able to come here to share and/or read.

I don't understand how she or anyone else could feel that they don't bring value to SR or would not be greatly missed. It's crucial that we are all here for each other, so felly keep posting and coming back please:ghug
Old 02-10-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree with Warren, I need & respect you all too. Even when I get ticked off by someone's attitude, their post still has importance. Sometimes I just read things and don't comment, yet I'll be brought to tears by what others have shared. You all mean more to me than I could ever put in to words. I love what Warren said about us being a dysfunctional family. That's certainly been very true lately.....but we are still here, trying our best to rise above it all.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Fel...You already know how I feel. But in case you forgot.
Your are a huge part of this forum. You always have alot of support to give.
You have always been there for me. And your a sweetheart.
I am not sure what happened to make you feel like that.
But you would definately be missed.
We care alot about you. And it just would not be the same. As everyone has said already.
I hope you feel better soon.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Felly, no words of wisdom but a big hug for you!:ghug3 Please don't leave us.:ghug3
Old 02-10-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Felly, you are a sweetie.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Resident

Hi felly.
I was sure that all of your posts were inspiring but I had to be sure so I visited your profile. I hope you don't mind. I reread a lot of the posts you made from the time since I have been here and found inspiration in most of them. I read some of your older posts too, not all 1600 but quite a few and I found the same thing. You have probably helped hundreds of people here so please stay with us and continue to do so.
I also noticed you have 69+ friends and a lot of these people depend on your input on a daily basis. Maybe some have left and maybe some just read and don't post but you can be assured that some do and still need you. :ghug

Last edited by Fubarcdn; 02-10-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Felly, while I don't know you very well, a lot of people here do. None of us can go through this alone and if anyone can then must be a very strong person. I don't know what's going on, but you are definitely in my prayers and I hope things start to look up. If there's anyway that any one of us could be of any kind of help please let someone know so that we can help you through whatever you may be going through. There are a lot of people here who would like to help you. I hope things start looking better soon!
Wes

:praying
Old 02-10-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Fel, we need you here! Chin up, sweetie
Old 02-10-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

(((Felly)))

I don't know what's going on, but I know you are important to SR. I also know that when I relapsed, I went through a period when I felt like the scum of the earth, like I had let everyone down. I wasn't even on SR at that time, I was still lurking here

You ARE important to SR, and you're part of our family. As mentioned above...sometimes we come here, and are able to reach out and help others, other times we come here and we are the ones who need to reach FOR help. It doesn't matter WHY we come here, just that we DO come here.

As I've told (((Suzette)), it's just as important to come here, when we're struggling. It lets others know that they're not the only ones struggling! If everyone came here, only when things were going great, what would the people who were struggling think? They'd think they didn't belong!

We need to see ALL the sides of recovery...the good times, and the bad. Life goes on in recovery, and it's hard sometimes.

I hope you stick around. I've always enjoyed your posts, and I always get something from them.

(((Suzette)) - thanks, sweetie, for the heads up!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy