Notices

I did 6days and fell on the 7th day.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I did 6days and fell on the 7th day.

I don't know what to say.........How disappointing and guilty I feel. But guess what, I thought, I'm a binge drinker and I normally go 7 days or more but not this time. I drank yesterday night and trashed the left overs this morning. I was so tempted to keep going this morning but I didn't. And you know why I didn't? Because I couldn't wait to get online sober and be with you guys. I need someone to guide me, maybe an online sponsor. If thats possible. Maybe someone that has been sober for awhile. I would really appreciate your help. Day 1 again.........tears..............
Old 02-09-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

We are all here for you Shy. It is great that you didn't use the slip as an excuse to keep going. I am new to this so all I can offer is encouragement and support.
Get bacj at it. One of these times,hopefully this one, it will stick.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm just a girl

Hey, sorry you are feeling bad. However, it happens to the best of us. I have been doing that pattern myself...get a few days sober...drink...start all over again. It's hard, I know that and you know that, BUT if we keep trying then sooner or later it's gonna stick and we will make it. Hang in there...
Old 02-09-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

shygirl, so glad you came back quickly!!
How about a f2f sponsor?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Shy,

Thanks for coming back!

:ghug3
Old 02-09-2009, 01:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

When I was getting sober, having people to talk with face to face, helped a lot. Having a physical meeting to go to, rather than the bar helped even more. I really find that real life face time helps me in my recovery. It doesn't really matter what flavor you prefer -- AA, NA, WFS, RR, SOS, professional rehab, whatever -- but face to face seems to be better for some of us.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I made six months sober and then fell. then i made two weeks and fell. keep trying. it will stick one of these times. just don't give up on yourself. keep trying til you get it right
Old 02-09-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

shygirl, you evidently started the same day as me. my tough days were friday and saturday. i had something that kept me occupied all day yesterday and there was nothing in my house so i was alright.

you've shown you want to quit and you did 6 days. the first couple are the hardest physically. after the physical wears off then it's the mental. if you can do 6 you can do 7

if you can do 7 you can do 8. and on and on. i'm prayin' for you. make today number one. you've shown you can. we're here for you no matter how many number ones you have to start off on.

lord knows this wasn't my first number one. good luck girl.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

Shy, good job throwing it out and coming back here!

Much love
Old 02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It defo is a ****** disease we all have, seems like such a great idea to drink at the time but it always such a hollow experience leaving us feeling even more empty than before! get as much help as you can and keep coming back:-)
Old 02-09-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Shy, glad you came back here and got rid of everything left over. It's okay if you slipped once as long as you come back and keep trying to stay sober. No one is perfect, so we may fall from time to time, but learning from every mistake and trying to make it better the next time around is what really counts. If you made it 6 days last time shoot for 7 this time and keep trying. It's great to know you came back and gonna give it a try again! Keep working hard and something good is bound to happen!
Wes
Old 02-09-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Shy,
We're all going through the same thing - I did 6 days sober, then 3 days, 2 days, 3 days in January - last time I fell was Superbowl Sunday. I'm working on day 8. I got thru my first weekend!!!! It's a process, or a journey as several have said. We're going to get to the destination, but we're going to hit a few bumps and fall off the wagon occasionally. If you fall, just grab on, maybe get dragged for a while (sorry, I used that line the other day), and then climb back on. I think you did great - you're back with us!!!

Least - we haven't talked or chatted directly, but I have seen several of your posts - you sound much better today - welcome back!!!!!!!!!!

JT
Old 02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

This is not an easy thing to do, we are so used to picking up, it becomes second nature, never quit quitting. Be gentle with yourself, we are only human.

Cathy
Old 02-09-2009, 05:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kallista View Post
When I was getting sober, having people to talk with face to face, helped a lot. Having a physical meeting to go to, rather than the bar helped even more. I really find that real life face time helps me in my recovery. It doesn't really matter what flavor you prefer -- AA, NA, WFS, RR, SOS, professional rehab, whatever -- but face to face seems to be better for some of us.
The only problem is that there is no AA where I'm at. But thanks for all your support.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

be kind to yoursel and forgive yourself.
YOU are worth it!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

Smile shy

be kind to yourself and forgive yourself!!!!
YOU are worth it!!!!!