Notices

Great 5th day...

Old 02-09-2009, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Great 5th day...

Well, as I've mentioned earlier, today is my 5th sober day and is going great. It's only 2:10 in the afternoon and I've already made a few accomplishments for myself to be happy with.

I woke up to a beautiful day to come start my day off here at SR. Which to me is a great way to start my day now. I had an hour long bible study with a close friend which was very positive and encouraging. And the bible study I did was in Spanish so it also helped to keep my Spanish strong and useful. (Been speaking fluent Spanish since before I married my ex wife who is Mexican and doesn't speak English.) As well as after my bible study my brother took me to the bar/restaurant up the street and bought me lunch. I had a b-b-q sandwich and a glass of unsweetened tea and did not for any moment have the desire to drink as well as the thought didn't cross my mind while I was there at all. I'm sure it helped that it was just me and my brother in there this time of day and he had a coke with his lunch as well as the fact I want my little brother to look up to me the way he used to before I started drinking. So, to me, I feel that it's been a wonderful day so far. For me it's been productive and satisfying.

I'm very pleased where I've come these (now 5) days of recovery and hope for many more wonderful days to come. And I'm quite sure that with the support and the wonderful people of this family and community here on SR there will be plenty more great sober days to come. And it's nice knowing that even when the bad days come up I can still come here to vent and let of steam knowing there will be plenty of encouragement, love, and unity from everyone being that we all are working at the same goal: sobriety one day at a time. Thank you all so much for being so welcoming and understanding of me in my few days here! You all are wonderful and a blessing!
Wes

Last edited by CoF1984; 02-09-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-09-2009, 11:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Way to go Wes. Keep posting and sharing. I find it keeps me on the wagon.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to hear your doing well Wes. It's a tough journey to travel....but it's worth the trip I hear.

God bless ya.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great Job Wes, keep up the great work!!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

great post Wes! Keep enjoying each day and staying sober:-)