Notices

5th Morning Sober...

Old 02-09-2009, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5th Morning Sober...

Well, this is my 5th straight morning sober and I'm feeling great. I feel so alive and happy. It's just a great day to be alive, a great day to be sober. Sun is shining and birds are singing and I have a bible study with a close friend in an hour, what more could I ask for?

And three good things about a bible study; I get to keep my mind off alcohol, learn about my "Higher Power" (or what you may want to call it yourself), and I get to keep up with my Spanish that I learned a couple years ago. So all positive things get to come out of this and will make my day brighter and happier. So between that and being on here I think I'll have a good day. But, I'm gonna take babysteps and take it one moment at a time.

Hope everyone else is having or going to have a great day today, too! I'm hoping we all can make the most of the day, one day at a time.
Wes
Old 02-09-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you GO!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning 5 for me too Wes! It was probably the best Monday morning I've encountered in a long time! I have to wake up at 5am in order to get to work on time....I used to dread Mondays because I would always end up drinking on Sunday night (with the rationale that it was technically still the weekend) and 5am would come all too soon the next morning and I'd struggle through work feeling like poo. I'm at work now and I'm feeling great!

Congrats Wes! Keep it up!

Erin
Old 02-09-2009, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A new dawn and new chapter

The thing I liked most about day 5 was when I went to bed and woke up, it was day 6! Keep going, you're on the right track!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"It's just a great day to be alive, a great day to be sober. Sun is shining and birds are singing and I have a bible study with a close friend in an hour, what more could I ask for?"

The enthusiasm in you share made me smile, have a blessed day...