Notices

Is it just me or what?

Old 02-08-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is it just me or what?

I swear, sometimes it just seems like I have the worst luck ever. I got through to the local AA number I had found and talked with the POC (Point of Contact) to find out that only one member lives near me that may be willing to give me a ride to meetings, yet isn't sure how often this particular member participates in meetings and whatnot due to the work schedule. But, they took my name and number to give to the guy incase he is willing to help me with a ride.

I don't know, maybe it's too early to tell or maybe I'm afraid of being rejected. I suppose I shouldn't be letting it get to me. Things will eventually have to look up. Sooner or later I'll be able to find a ride to and from as many meetings as I can possibly attend. But, I just didn't know if it was just me that felt lost sometimes and didn't know what to do. Good thing though is, my brother walked up to the bar up the street, asked if I wanted to go with him, and I actually stayed right here at home instead of going with him. So I can be happy I at least didn't go to a place where I'd want to be drinking. So all in all I suppose I do have one reason to be happy about other than the day being so beautiful.
Wes
Old 02-08-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

I think there are online meeting as well. Might want to look into those.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Good job on skipping the bar! I only went to a bar once since I've been sober, and I got all frustrated and disgusted with the drinkers and wanted to punch everyone in the nose (ok.. i'm joking..). I stay away now!

I hope you get a ride to a meeting!!
Old 02-08-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wes,

Check your PMs.

Roy
Old 02-08-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

Glad you were able to resist the bar Wes and sorry about the ride situation. If you can't get to meetings you can always hang out here. I know a lot of people need face to face contact ( fortunately I am not one of them) but this is the next best thing and someone is always here when you need them.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah, I suppose I'll stick to coming here every day for now. Possibly look up online AA meetings. Who knows, maybe can make a sober friend somewhere can talk to more personally or something eventually to help when I have my down moments. But thanks for the advice and encouragement! And thanks for the PMs Roy!
Wes