Notices

Evening, Day 3

Old 02-07-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Evening, Day 3

all!

So it's the evening of day 3 and I'm feeling good. I think I've completely got rid of the shakes. Noticed last night still a little trouble falling asleep, but I'm telling ya when I did finally fall asleep I slept like a baby. Hopefully tonight won't be quite as bad or take as long to get to sleep.

But seeing that most of the physical symptoms are going away that means I'll have more energy and time to focus on getting through the mental part of it. I'm still just having a strong desire to want to do anything I can just to get a drink. But, keeping busy on here, cleaning, and just sitting outside looking at nature has been a huge help in trying to put positive thoughts in my head and keep my mind busy so that I'm focused on the good and forget about the bad. I'm just hoping I can keep this up.

Today has been a good day though. Beautiful day outside, so I've been going outside to smoke instead of staying in doors. The weather is perfect, up in the 60s. So sitting out there and watching the birds fly around and walk around and listening to them helped keep me thinking about how much more beautiful life is sober. I would've never paid any attention to that stuff while drunk. And tomorrow is supposed to be 68-72 and sunny, so another beautiful day. Can't complain about that. If tomorrow gets too bad I'll just have to go out and look for all the beauty I can find I never would've noticed before. So, yeah, all in all, I think the good is outweighing the bad for the moment. So, I'm gonna keep a smile on my face and keep rocking out to Metallica (My fav band <333).
Wes
Old 02-07-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

How about going to an AA meeting, and really getting involved. Thats what I'm doing and it allows no idle time for my mind to wander. I'm at work right now, but soon as I leave I will go to a meeting. In the morning at 6am I will attend another meeting. My sponsor says by calling another alcoholic in AA you lose the desire to drink.
Also after you get involved in AA drinking is no longer fun. Wes, Find your meeting!
Old 02-07-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'd love to Hardwired. I'm trying to find a reliable friend that would be willing to take me to and from AA. But until I can find someone willing to help I'm stuck out in the country 30 minutes by car, 3 hours by foot, away from town. Typically I wouldn't mind walking this at all. It's just the walking down a dangerous highway around here I don't like. And the fact that nobody in Virginia knows how to drive. lol But, I'd love to go to a meeting as soon as I can find a way to get one. And thanks for the advice!
Old 02-07-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

All of this talk about warm weather is getting me depressed so knock it off. Just kidding but I am jealous. It would be nice to go out without my mucklucks (boots to you southerners). Glad things are still going well.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

can you get a aa member to pick you up?

Over here it part of looking after newcomers........through twelve step work.

Thats a real shame.......id love to take you but it a long way and would take a while...lol

Normally you would phone the aa help line and they would put you in touch with some twelve steppers...who will take you to a meeting.

Good luck................trucker
Old 02-07-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for that info Trucker! I'll definitely look into it.
Wes
Old 02-07-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm with Fubar. I don't want to hear about this warm weather crap. And, I'm just kidding, sarcasm is my second language. I would really like to see some leaves and green grass right now!