Notices

Least has two weeks

Old 02-08-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats Least!
Old 02-08-2009, 06:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Least,

I don't post often, but read this site regularly, and your posts have been SUCH an inspiration for me. I have followed them for months, and have learned much from your thoughts and insights. And I have taken strength from them as I deal with the challenges in my life. I am so sorry to hear that you are in such pain. I certainly can relate to the frustration and despair inflicted by teenagers. My 13 year old son can be so impossible, his selfcenteredness and unwillingness to help can be nothing short of appalling at times. While the pain inflicted on him from my drinking was certainly a huge motivator to stop, sometimes I can't help but thinking, while I am dealing with one his "attitudes", "why not drink, because stopping sure hasn't improved this bratty behavior." I think, "what's the point."

But it helps me to remember that our current interactions with our kids are having important and longlasting effects on who they are. We are writing on blank slates. The hard part is that we often do not see the results for a long time. Particularly for teenagers, all of the goods things that we do and demonstrate by our actions and morals that we impart get buried and are hidden from sight in that bubbling, tumultuous cauldron of teenage psyche. And then, years later, when they calm down, and things settle, the results of our efforts pop out for us to see. I have seen it happen often -- in myself as well. So, as I deal with my teenage son's rotten attitude, I try to remember, there is a pony in there somewhere!!!

I will pray for you today that some of your dark clouds will lift.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Stone, I can't see my doctor, or my shrink, cause I haven't any money for an appt. will have to make do with my (free) addictions counselor, tho she's not an md. i'm on meds for depression anxiety and bipolar and they're not helping right now. i'm trying to see the good in my life, tho it's hard to see anything good right now. it's so hard to see anything good when i'm surrounded by bad. i am trying but it's so hard. i'm in a dark room with no windows or doors and i can't get out. i will tell my counselor this week but feel so desperate and alone and afraid.

i'm not hungry and have no desire to eat. am just tired, so tired.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

(((((Least)))))

Here's at least a couple good things: you've inspired tons of people here, and you are loved. Probably sounds silly right now, but it's true.

We all care about you, hon. Keep checking in, eh?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Thumbs up

Bump for Least.

Congrats getting back on the horse! I hope you're still doing OK.

It's true what people are saying: You ARE an inspiration!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know this last week has not been easy for you!
Way to hang in there!

Old 02-11-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Way to go, Least! Keep it up.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

hip-hip-hooray !!

way to go least
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

We love you, your dogs love you, and you have two weeks - three good things. Can you hang on to those three good things today?

Sorry you are in such pain - that hurt is big!

Thank you for being here with all of us who want to celebrate your two weeks!..
Old 02-11-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Least - you have always been so supportive and comforting to me since I started SR in Oct! Sometimes days, weeks can really really suck!!! Dust yourself off and be proud that you are an amazing person with so much to offer!!! I am very proud of you for getting back on our sober wagon... we can do this together!
:ghug3

Shannon
Old 02-11-2009, 12:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

To be honest, I'm not sure how much sober time I have right now, other than "today". counting days is too depressing to me now so I'm not keeping track. If i'm sober today, that's a victory, and will have to be good enough.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by least View Post
To be honest, I'm not sure how much sober time I have right now, other than "today". counting days is too depressing to me now so I'm not keeping track. If i'm sober today, that's a victory, and will have to be good enough.
Not a bad attitude at all. Hang in there. :ghug3
Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Don't be so hard on your self. You are here, you are trying so hard.
I so completely understand how you are feeling! I still think about drinking everyday. Seems every time I go anywhere the activity revoloves around drinking, or the people I am with are drinking.

Please know you are cared about, and I am proud of you fo still recognizing you want to change your life.

~Jules
Old 02-11-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hang on to today least. Today is almost over and tomorrow you will be another day sober. I'm so proud of you for making through all of these things. Don't give up .