Notices

Thanks, A Reason To Be Happy...

Old 02-06-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks, A Reason To Be Happy...

After my last post of "Sucks, but gotta be strong" and reading some of the thoughts and ideas on my topic along with careful meditation on them I have come to a conclusion.

With the thoughts and ideas and support with meditation, I've come to realize, that while I let it bring me down I should really feel happy and confident. I do have a lot to be thankful for.

I am thankful I had the courage to politely decline the drink offered to me today. I am thankful I am still sober and did not stumble and still have my two days of sobriety. I am thankful for all the wonderful people on this site. I am thankful I found this site and it gave me the hope and the courage to make the decision to sober up. I am thankful that I do not have to do this alone and that there are so many things out there that can help me through this. And most importantly I'm thankful I'm not dead from drinking too much and that I'm alive and sober right now and can enjoy sobriety with people like you all.

So if you get down, upset, whatever the case may be. Come here, listen to music, walk, whatever it is you do to clear your mind, get the support you need, meditate, and think of all the reasons you have to be thankful for. And all the things I'm thankful for I plan on writing down and keeping on me at all times in case I forget. And thanks so much for all the great people here.
Wes
Old 02-06-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Ditto, Wes. Ditto.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Nice post. It really is easy to get overwhelmed (especially in the very early days) by how 'hard' it is. But really your hardest sober day is a cake walk compared to your best drunk day.

A lot of time sobriety is what you make it. If you think it's tough, it can be.

I'm glad you declined that drink and welcome to SR.