Notices

Even more progression...

Old 02-06-2009, 01:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Even more progression...

As it's 10 minutes past 4 in the afternoon here on my second day sober, I'm still making what seems to me like good progression. I'm not shaking as much as a was. Now it only seems to get to be anything at all is when I get nervous or agitated for one reason or another. My mood seems to becoming brighter. I still a little down, but nowhere like I was. I'm really starting to feel like a big weight has been lifted off my chest and shoulders since I've been hanging out here and getting to know others a little better. I sat outside for a few minutes earlier while I was letting family back in my room to use the computer and was just amazed at how beautiful the day is.

It's a beautiful day out. Comfortable weather, birds out and singing. I just can't believe how beautiful it is. I'm starting to notice how beautiful and wonderful things can be now that I'm sober. I would've never noticed or even cared for that matter if I was still drinking. Even with some of the uncomfortable things right now, it's just so great and I feel so alive without whiskey and beer going through my veins 24/7. This is such an amazing experience that I've forgotten about since I was about 16 or 17.

Spending from about 16 or 17 until now (24) drunk nearly 24/7 I didn't even remember or know how many great things I was missing out on. And all the support on here and all the stories that give me hope, it's just a great feeling. Even through the tough times of drying out the past couple of days this has been a truly amazing experience for me. I'm just at awe at how good I can feel considering the circumstances.

If this is how I feel after two days I can't even imagine how good I'll feel in the future. And knowing there is hope and that I'm not going through it alone makes a huge difference to me. It feels good knowing at the moment and hopefully forever I am and will no longer allow myself to be a slave to something so deceitful and evil as the bottle. Thank you all so much for the help and support. You all are great. And I hope I'm not posting too much or anything. I don't want to be a bother or doing anything wrong. And again thank you all!
Wes

Old 02-06-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Post away Wes. If anybody here posts too much it is probably me.
Glad to see you in such high spirits as it is uplifting.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling better and doing so well.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mle-sober

There is no such thing as posting too much, IMO.

Wes, it's wonderful to read your hopeful words. I'm so happy for you. Freeing yourself from those bonds of alcoholism is an amazing process, I agree.

And one of the most interesting things about it, to me, is the parodox of the process. You can receive wisdom, support, and encouragement - but ultimately the only one who can really make it happen is you. You are the one who doesn't pick up that first drink. And that is one of the most powerful realizations.

Once I surrendered and asked for help (from God, from my peers at AA and SR) I slowly felt the courage and strength to change.

These early days that you are in are filled with many ups and downs. Just keep rolling with the punches. Just keep doing the next right thing. Stay humble and hopeful. Recovery feels like a rebirth to me. You are at the beginning of the rest of a beautiful life!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

mle, you are so right in what you say. And thank you so much for your encouragement. And the encouragement and hope I'm getting from everyone is is giving me the knowledge that it can be done, that I'm not the only one to try, to do it. That it has been done and can be done when one works at it hard enough. And help, support, hope, and encouragement are tools that help along the way.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

keep comin' back, wes! and congrats on your sober time! hugs, k
Old 02-06-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for that great post! Be gentle with yourself and keep coming back. :ghug3