Notices

ahhhhh i hate this

Old 02-06-2009, 02:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I take anti-depressants but still get cycles of depression, sometimes it's a few days every two weeks or sometimes I can go a month or two of being alright.
Anti-depressants don't numb your emotions and you don't get high from them, they aren't addictive either except in the sense that they are a bugger to come off. I am not recommending you take them or anything, BTW. If I only got it a few times a year then I probably wouldn't want to take them either.

I do think the winter has a big influence and if you are working nights you are missing the few hours of paltry sunlight that we do actually get, that must be rough. It might be worth getting SAD light.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, lol. I started off just wanting to add my support and say I know how it feels, so I will say that now.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Trucker - I am sorry you are feeling so down - I pray that you mood will lift soon and that you don't have to take meds. If the depression lasts or comes more frequently, imo seeing a doctor couldn't hurt. To my knowledge anti-depressants are non adictive.

I like the idea of a lightbox. I think I may get one for my daughter, she gets depressed in the winter and as soon as the days start getting longer she pops out of it.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Hey, trucker. First of all just want to say I enjoy your posts. You always have something positive and/or something to think about.

The depression thing is huge. I think a lot of people see it as something they can fix alone.....many, many times they just can't....it's a brain thing. I do hope if you become toooo overwhelmed, you will talk to a doctor.

Staying sober is hard enough without adding depression into the mix. You really are doing a nice job.

My thoughts are with you, friend.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
BKP

mamabin,
Ghandi was in recovery from drinking as well. Awesome quote.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's all been said, but I'll chime in, Trucker. You are very much appreciated on here & add so much to our family. I know for a fact SAD has an impact on me. It didn't when I was drinking, so it's just this past year I've even noticed it. I'd say it could be my imagination, but after 3 days of cloudiness, where my 2 dogs just slept the day away, when the sun came out today they ran outside and jumped & played like they were reborn. Sending love to you and hoping for a brighter tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

hey

i think, know, i was depressed long before i took my first drink? depression is horrible to suffer thru.my drinking made my depression 10 times worse, yet i continued to drink? anti depressants do not make you high, they just make your mood better, and they keep from going into a deeper depression
just mho
Old 02-06-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh trucker, I wished I knew how to fix it for you & many of us that go through this!

I will keep you in my prayers & hope thigs get better for you every day! :ghug3
Old 02-07-2009, 02:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

All your posts have humbled me..........surprizing how much better it makes you feel when you know you are not alone..

Today..(10am) the sun is shining and reflecting off the snow.

I plan to get out and suck up thoses rays and maybe throw the odd snowball.

thankyou for your prayers...........trucker
Old 02-07-2009, 04:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

We have a lot more sunshine than clouds here, but I'm not always up to getting out in it. So, I take vitamin "D" which is something that sun light helps your body produce.
Hope you get to feeling better Trucker.

Linda
Old 02-08-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Hey Friend!

You feeling the love yet? Lots of love and support to you from your friends here at SR!

I bounce in and out of depression. I kinda embrace my cycles of mania. I have tried meds off and on over the last 20 years (mostly off) one common denominator of the different ones I've tried was sexual disfunction. enough said.

I read somewhere here on SR about amino acid therapy as an alternative to anti-depressants. I started that at the first of this year as well as a sublingual b-complex supplement, and a liquid c supplement. I've had some downer days, but they don't seem to last more than 72 hours. I try to push myself through by reading positive affirmations, eating only healthy foods, sticking to my supplements, and staying away from negative energy in other people. Plus, stay away from alcohol.

Sounds like your depression might be easing up a bit, so toss me a snowball! I would love to be tossed a surprise that came with a smile!

Keep on keeping on!
Old 02-08-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

thanks pelican...im seeing light at the end of the tunnel......thank god.

I get to go back to work tonight which believe it or not will help...

Sitting here at home only makes me worse........i love to be moving...travelling....its in my blood i think.........hence being a trucker.

Thanks for all your good wishes.......now stop worrying about this silly old man and go find a newcomer......lol..lol............love to yer....trucker