Notices

Finally afternoon...

Old 02-06-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally afternoon...

Well, it's finally the afternoon of day two, just barely. It seems like today is going by a lot slower the yesterday. But, is a very beautiful day outside. Walked to check the mail today to get some fresh air and to pass a couple minutes by and it was nice. Reading and writing posts on here is doing great and keeping me busy and in a great mood. Might try to squeeze some reading my bible in to keep my mind occupied as well. Who knows between this site and that I might find some really good answers to questions I'm looking for. Possibly another walk later and enjoy the beauty of the day and be thankful I'm alive and sober and able to see and enjoy. It's time to keep with the positive so I can not worry about the negative that I can't change. And also so thankful that I get to post and share with all of you on here. Everyone is great so far.
Wes

Old 02-06-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Wez

Your afternoon, my early evening I am into the weekend, and do you know what? Its not that bad.... I also am finding this place a rock.. lets help each other... x
Old 02-06-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey,
Take a walk for me! It's below zero here! Congrats on making to day 2! I'm thinking this will be a good place to spend the weekend.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am not far from the beginning, only 31 days sober. I kept hoping the days would just fly by and you know what- a month flew by! Wes you are doing so well! You have a great attitude and you are focusing on the right things. I am so happy for you.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Iriss, would be more than happy if we can help each other out. And that goes for anybody else. I don't mind talking by thread or private message as long as I can be of some kind of help and if I could ask for some myself if needed. I feel so far that it's a huge help if we're all here for each other and I sincerely appreciate all the support. Thank you all.
Wes
Old 02-06-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Originally Posted by CoF1984 View Post
It's time to keep with the positive so I can not worry about the negative that I can't change
That is very well said Wes.

I don't think I had to opportunity to make your aquaintance... Big warm hello :ghug3 and welcome to you!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and hello to you, too, prettypoison. A pleasure to make your aquaintance. Always good to make new positive friends. And I believe I've found the right place for it.

And to mamabin, I'll walk in that weather for you. I've been outside here in 15 degree weather with a t-shirt and shorts on. For some strange reason I've always been a hot natured person. Always been easier to deal with cold weather than hot. Don't know if it has anything to do with all the whiskey and beer over the years or if I'm just naturally that way. Maybe I'll have to check with my dr one day.

Wes