Notices

Day 5 and Facing the weekend

Old 02-06-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 and Facing the weekend

My most dangerous time.
Friday Night, and Sunday Night.
Will attend an AA meeting tomorrow morning.
I have a TERRIBLE Cold, and feel really very sick.
I am taking care of myself, plenty of water, rest.
I am at work now, but may leave early,,,,everyone here is sick

Just for today
I will not drink alcohol
Or hurt myself
of cover myself with alcohol
I can face today
without alcohol
and when I am in bad shape
I can go to my computer and come
on this site, and there will be loving
understand, caring people will be there for me.
I am NOT alone anymore, and I have met people here
that are just like me, so I am not a freak or loser
I have a disease, alcoholism
and I am working on me....to overcome this disease
with the help of my loving God, and the people here.

Thank you God for helping me find this site.:praying
Old 02-06-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
God is leading the way!!!

We will be here to give you support. When you feel like using come online and stay as long as you need to until you feel better....I will be on all weekend, give yourself a chance, today its 30 days for me and I thought that it would be impossible to get by the first weekend.

:praying for you
Old 02-06-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good luck ladyb. i am also on day 5. first two were very rough with only 2 hours sleep. that has got better but it's still restless sleep.

weekends are tough for me as i used to start on the vodka pretty much as soon as i was up. especially if i didn't have to be anywhere that day. drunken oblivion for two days and then try to crawl into work on monday.

i fully believe i will have a craving tonight but i believe even stronger that i will overcome it. i know i will. too much invested already. i know that sounds crazy but each day is getting better and i don't want to have to repeat the withdrawals.

you can do it too. maybe being sick will lessen the want for you. wombat also started the same day as us and he's getting stronger every day too.

again, good luck. your from n.y. wombat is from montana i think and i'm from ky. what do we have in common. we're alkys. but we also have 2/2/09 in common. be strong.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi there LadyB, I am across the pond and on day 3, my weekend is upon me and like you a difficult time.... I have said to myself 'today is just another day which they call the weekend, it is no different to yesterday' I wish you so well for the weekend... x

I am not my addiction, and I can beat it.....x x
Old 02-06-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Originally Posted by TheLadyb View Post
My most dangerous time.
Friday Night, and Sunday Night.
Me too Ladyb. I come here a lot on the weekend, I hope you do too. You are not alone, everyone here knows exactly how you feel right now :ghug we're all here for you....
Old 02-06-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh man weekends, I was fortunate to make it thru the last 2 without booze. You can do it, and the feeling of accomplishment is unmatched.

It's like running a marathon, and when your exhausted, sprinting up a hill then looking back and saying....."I made that sucker...I made it."

Keep 'runnin'....peace.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Weekends were hard for me too. I attended meetings, called others in AA, and read my Big Book. :ghug :ghug
Old 02-06-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This is my second weekend and I'm kinda dreading it as well. But...I can tell you that last weekend I seriuosly had the itch and posted it here. I got tons of support. I'll be here this weekend too. Since we won't be drunk, maybe we can come up with some good conversation!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Well Theladyb & friends....

...If we can do "YESTERDAY" we can do "TODAY"!!!... then we say and do the same thing tomorrow!

Congratulations on 5 days, Ladyb, & to us all striving for continuous sobriety... and if we fall, we get back up and fight the good fight towards sobriety! This is a WE thing, not a ME thing! We can do this together! Glad all-you-all are here as we have one common goal and that bonds us together as family! This weekend is going to be successful and sober, K!!!! We can do this! xoxo

Old 02-06-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, Ladyb.

Planning ahead and being prepared can make all the difference.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ladyb--
In a strange way I'm kind of excited for this weekend. It will be my first in 10 years without "partying". (Read: Being a drunk). It certainly doesn't come without trepidation, but with everyone here, I am confident I will make it.
I'm planning mini-events to keep myself busy, and am already drooling at the thought of getting a big ol' latte Saturday morning. I'll bet it will taste even better if I'm not still drunk from the night before!
I'll be here with you. We can do it.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

(((Ladyb))) I had some thoughts that popped in my mind as soon as I read your post.

Sounds like a good weekend for you to start out by taking a nap when you get home. Sleep til whenever. . . don't set the alarm clock for anythng. When you wake up, get a bite to eat, log on here, read a little, post, get a dose of Recovery. Then take a nice, long, hot bubble bath. You know the kind, one of the ones where you take some scented candles, a book and put on some peaceful music and veg out in the tub until you are so wrinkled and out of hot water. Wrap yourself in your favorite robe or jammies, come back on and spend the weekend with us!

Be careful taking any cold medicine. Some people really are triggered by antihistamines because some contain ingredients that can cause a shaky feeling and God knows you don't need that now.

Pamper yourself this weekend. Catch up on sleep, watch some movies, sleep some more and keep your computer logged onto SR. I'm going to be here all weekend as well. I have no plans and I'm not feeling too great either. My Lupus is out of remission so I'm really tired and achy. If anyone and I mean anyone needs to "talk" please feel free to PM me. After all, if I want to keep what I have, I have to give it away.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 02-08-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Hey Lady, Still hangin in there? I used to feel weird on weekends being sober, I wake up so darn early now.. but it feels GREAT! No hangover, a LONGer day ahead of me, full of energy and time to do fun stuff Check back in when you can!
Old 02-08-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

ladyb, i started the same day as you and tho' i felt strong all week i didn't want to face the weekend. too many triggers on friday night but i made it.

yesterday i attended a college basketball game. a group of us go out after the game and it usually involves drinking with most members. i almost opted out but went anyway. i'm not gonna lie and say i wasn't tempted when the beers arrived but i just enjoyed my sprite and i feel much better for it today.

i have a bunch of stuff to do today and it feels great to be full of energy to face the tasks. on a normal sunday i would have already been in the vodka. not knee-walking drunk but to the point where i couldn't have done what needs to be done.

i'm waiting for my son and wife to call me from their church and i'm gonna meet them for lunch and then go out to my mother in law's house to help her with a bunch of stuff she can't do.

i thank this site for the strength to keep me from drinking. especially my same day friend wombat. he's been a source of strength for me and tho' i've never met him, i don't want to let him down either. both of us are here for you too. i'm here for everyone and i know it sounds crazy but i guess there's a special bond with the folks that are on the same day.

when i wake up tomorrow morning i'll have one week under my belt and i won't be on my knees in the office bathroom puking up water because my stomach won't even hold it down.

p.s. on a side note...i'm drinking entirely too much iced tea.