Notices

feeling anxious

Old 02-04-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy feeling anxious

Today is day 7 for me. I usually don't drink Mon-Thu but I haven't gone 7 days in a very long time. I'm feeling anxious and a little bit depressed at the same time. I take meds for bipolar II, and I'm sure they'll need to be adjusted, but I was really hoping that I would feel better than this by now. Ugh
Old 02-04-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I hope you can be patient because it will take time for you to settle down into sobriety. At seven days, I was still an emotional mess and trying to focus on getting simple things accomplished during the day. Just know that it will get better, as time goes by and talking to your dr about your medication is a good idea.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

got any where you can go for a workout??

If not, got hobbies or other things you can do to keep you busy? Clean house, write letters, make calls to friends and family you've been putting off, anything to keep your mind occupied..
Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

I know it probably sounds like the last thing you want to do but CZ's suggestion of a workout or even a walk is a really good one. It helped me a lot early on and I slept a lot easier.

Hang in there! You are doing such an awesome job. :ghug3
Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Mamabin, I am Bp2 as well, and early in my recovery, it took a quite while for my brain chemistry to balance out and I was on the right meds..
try and focus on activities that help you relax or like Zing suggested; exercise to get those endorphins flowing..
it takes time and it will get better.

Last edited by grateful2b; 02-04-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

A drink certainly will not make you feel better mamabin, remember it would only be sort term gain for long term PAIN......how about trying short term pain for long term GAIN!! Do something nice for yourself....try having a long bath and watching a comedy on tv, curled up with a hot choclate...or a good book or talking to a friend......this Will pass..........everything does
Take care and think positive x
Old 02-04-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have to be at work in 2 hours, so I won't drink today. I work until 12:30 so that gets me through from Mon-Thu. But I'm training on a job that requires me to be on the phone (with no break between calls) and give people info they don't usually want to hear, and I absolutely HATE the telephone. It's adding to the anxiety. I'll get through it. One hour at a time today. Or just getting through the moment and not looking ahead.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Hiya....
The advice on trying to focus yourself/ activities is really good and will help.
When i first joined here someone posted lists of things that could be done to get through the weekend. I found it really helpful because i was having trouble thinking straight for myself at that point.
I went back to find the thread:
It was started by Katie09 on the 23/1/09 and is on page 12 (sorry i dont know how to do links....maybe someone else could do that)
One of the posts was by felly79 and she printed a list of 100 as i call distractions.
Its worth taking a look.

Be well
louis
Old 02-04-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope you can manage to get distracted enough at work, and not think too much about it. It was a little past a wk before I realized I wasn't feeling the same anxeity that I had before.
Each day will get better. And for each day, its kind of a minute by minute, hour by hour thing still. At least it is for me.
Know your not alone. and just put one foot infront of the other. Stay strong.