Notices

Life after opiates. There is hope.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Life after opiates. There is hope.

When I first came to this forum regarding my long term addiction to pain pills, I was looking for hope. This forum has helped me to stay strong, get through withdrawals from hell, and to keep moving. I just want anyone out there that is going through getting off of opiates to know that not only will the withdrawals subside, your brain will go back to normal. I was suffering from horrible depression soon after stopping the pills, I really didn't think I would get through it. I considered taking anti-depressants, and I would agree if you feel that you cannot get through this without a little help, it is perfectly okay. However, I am 28 days sober, and I am so HAPPY that my brain and bodily functions have returned to normal. Part of taking pain pills for me was to gain energy that I just couldn't muster up. After I quit, my energy levels were in the toilet. It drove me crazy and made me crave the pills so much. But, I kept sticking to this and made myself hope that my body could heal and get back to normal. It did. I hope that anyone out there that may be new to recovery as I am, reads this, and sees that there is light at the end of this tunnel. 3 weeks ago I needed to know there was hope. I needed to know the depression would stop. I needed to know my energy would come back. I needed to know that my old self was still there. Please believe me. There is hope. I wish you all the best. I am going to keep trudging through this.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very nice inpirational post! I am so happy you are almost to a month of living sober!
Keep it up!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

A very inspirational post sea and congrats on your sober time.