Notices

Holy temptation, Batman!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dismember

Holy temptation, Batman!

I was going to the balcony just a moment ago to have a cigarette (but forgot to bring my cigarettes, whoops!) And saw a corked bottle of wine sitting next to my roommates desk.

He told me that he was cool not having stuff around, but I guess he figured out of sight out of mind. Eh, no big deal.

Just had to laugh about this situation. It's 5am, he's fast asleep, there's a bottle of wine sitting right there...

Good think I know this. One bottle of wine would not get me to numb inebriation (which is what I kept doing) nor would a buzz make me feel good (because the last times it never felt good enough.)

Do I need to go round 55 with this crap? I think this time I'll just pretend like I drank it, and pretend like I felt miserable afterwards. Then I can just sleep in instead of rushing to the store to replace it.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job playing it out Isaiah! Proud of you as I am sure you are of yourself, which is a good thing. The more we turn our backs on the monster the stronger we become. Again, good job!!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Good job Isiah.
If you are up to it maybe you should play a prank and hide it on him. I'll bet that would get him to keep it out of sight.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dismember

Well, that was written pre-cigarette. I went back to the scene of the crime to slip out to the apartment's balcony. After that I was feeling too tired to come back to the forum.

Still might see my five month anniversary yet (will be Sunday if no "incidents" happen.)

Hehe, I will let him off the hook this time. It wasn't very out in the open. I actually reached for it because I was curious to see what it was. If anything I should probably tell him to keep it in the fridge, unless he's making homemade vinegar.

One more temptation that got pwned! Hope anyone else who fought the bottle and won last night acknowledges that they've accomplished something great!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stay Strong!!!
I know it can be hard to see it.
When I was at super bowl party there was all kinds of stuff to drink, I had to eventually just stay out of the kitchen so I didn't look at it!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Temptation ran HIGH at my place last night. Had a really rough day yesterday, really rough. Something pretty emotional happened to my wife and I yesterday. whew.

Man I wanted a drink. The thought kept comin at me like a freakin dive bomber. It really stunk. Man I hate that. I could've so easily pulled out the 4 buck and change for a bottle of numbing solution. My wife was there, she helped me talk it out. (thanks babe)
The first time since I've been sober it made me MAD to want it, and I wanted it pretty bad.

I think I'm gonna get a 'man-sized' replica bottle of vodka and kick the &#% out of it.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by masseyman View Post
Temptation ran HIGH at my place last night. Had a really rough day yesterday, really rough. Something pretty emotional happened to my wife and I yesterday. whew.

Man I wanted a drink. The thought kept comin at me like a freakin dive bomber. It really stunk. Man I hate that. I could've so easily pulled out the 4 buck and change for a bottle of numbing solution. My wife was there, she helped me talk it out. (thanks babe)
The first time since I've been sober it made me MAD to want it, and I wanted it pretty bad.

I think I'm gonna get a 'man-sized' replica bottle of vodka and kick the &#% out of it.
Punch it for me too
That is my drink of choice too (well USED to be!)