Notices

Class of February *2009*

Old 03-03-2009, 02:33 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Day 6, I'm getting fat! Better than being drunk, but gee !!!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by californiapoppy View Post
Day 6, I'm getting fat! Better than being drunk, but gee !!!

Me too! I can't stop eating. And I get hungry at night to, which I know is the most unhealthy time to eat. I guess it's because when I'm drinking, I'm passed out early, and being awake at a later hour has my body all confused.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

18 days today.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

It's a great snowy day to be SOBER! 13 days, but who's counting?... Oh yeah -- ME!

Have a great day alkies and addicts who have chosen to not drink or use, "Just For Today"...!!!

:ghug
Old 03-03-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Perfect ending to day 27...just got back home from a really great meeting. Just wanted to tell everyone good night and pleasant dreams. Hope you all had a good day.
Wes
Old 03-03-2009, 10:49 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Good night all. Sipping some tea and heading to bed w/ my book and Lab. She's got my spot all warmed up already.
(Checking to make sure Wes hasn't deposited any snow...)
Night all.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:57 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Nighty night class.

Oh just to let you guys know this class goes on forever, well as long as feb is still your quit month.
So it's like a contest to see who can stay in class the longest, but don't worry if you fall off the wagon you can get on at the next month.

SO CLASS OF FEB FOR LIFE!!!!
------------------------------------ HWF

p.s morning will be 33 days FEB4LIF, my new license plate.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:25 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I hit day 7 today. I have really had no cravings. I walk past the alcohol isle everytime I go to the market and haven't had any problems so far.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Class of Feb all the way for me...kind of a do or die kinda thing....I'm gonna work at staying Class of Feb.

Hope you all have a great sober day today! Even with the bad, look through to the good and enjoy the beauty of another sober day.
Wes
Old 03-04-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

19 days today but this anxiety is out of control. Sober but feeling like hell. Would like to just 'sleep thru it all' but can't sleep.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Congrats on 19 days Least! That's wonderful! Sorry to hear about the anxiety. PM me or someone if you want to talk or anything. Myself or plenty of others here would be more than happy to be here for you to help you through anything that comes your way the best we can. We <3 ya.
Wes
Old 03-04-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Least 19 days lets do 1 more OK? I will do it with you. Last night I went to the store and intentionally went past the liquor isle. No problems, yea!!
Wes by my count your at 28 days thats a Feb month worth of days, good job man!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

That's right Hardwired...today is my day 28 and feeling great man! Thanks a lot for being around these 28 days. You've been a big help as well as everyone else here and I appreciate it so much! SR has been great for me and helped me through some tough moments. I'm glad and honored to be going through all this with such a great group of people!!!
Wes
Old 03-04-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Post My Lesson For Today, This Really Spoke To Me...

Proverbios 23:29-30 (29) Quien tiene el ay? Quien tiene desasosiego? Quien tiene contiendas? Quien tiene preocupacion? Quien tiene heridas sin causa? Quien tiene deslustre de ojos? (30) Los que se quedan largo tiempo con el vino, los que entran en busca de vino mezclado.
(Sorry for the Spanish...doing this from a Spanish Bible...have to do it once so I can look at it and type it correctly in English.)
English:
Proverbs 23:29-30 (29) Who has woe? Who has uneasiness? Who has contentions? Who has concern? Who has wounds for no reason? Who has dullness of eyes? (30) Those staying a long time with the wine, those coming in to search out mixed wine.

And this speaks to me, because it shows me how miserable always spending my time either drinking or looking for ways to drink. It caused me misery in so many ways, bring me woe, uneasiness, just being hurt out of nowhere and not understanding why and so forth.

I see now that without drinking in my life how much better I feel in so many ways because I'm not drinking all the time which was the chief cause of most of my misery.

I don't know if anyone else will get anything out of this or not. This in no way is meant to be offensive, so I apologize to anyone if it is. If it helps you at all that's great, if it doesn't please overlook it and please excuse me for putting it here.
Wes
Old 03-04-2009, 01:24 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am THIS CLOSE to just saying F it and getting a bottle of wine. Can't sleep, anxiety thru the roof, pk's been asking me to run her all around town all day, broke for the rest of the month, exhausted, depressed, and just don't care any more. I know it's a bad idea and it would only make things worse, but things are already as 'worse' as they can get and I just want to slide into oblivion. I'm sick of being so aware of everything. I hate my life so why bother saving it? Not much to save...
Old 03-04-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Hey least,

It's just a half of a day left lets do it!!!

if you don't save your life who will ??? we will, we love you and we are across the U.S.A You have people who care about you all over the states, shoot all over the world. If people all over the world care about you than you are worth saving your life from alcohol.

We truly care and we are in this together!! :praying
Old 03-04-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

((((least))))

Can you call your doctor? I had a hard time learning to let go from expectations of my family. Have you read any of the stickies about co-dependency? I learned a lot about how I got so tied up in wanting and expecting "things" from my family that they just didn't have to give. It wasn't that they witheld from me, they just didn't have it to give.

You've had a rough few days with family issues. Be kind to yourself. Don't drink. Play the tape all the way to the end.

I hope this makes sense. Please know I am thinking of you.

Love,

Lenina
Old 03-04-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hi Least - you of all people know the truth about your struggle, and also what the rest of us go through. It's not just about the alcohol remember, it's about making a better life. You're just starting to do that now - even though it doesn't feel like it.

I know how hard the anxiety thing can be (have suffered from this lots for years). It's not easy to explain to someone else, or to yourself. It IS real, but it can also be defeated. If you can deal with it now, you'll probably end up being one of the most successful people you know!

Keep with it....

DB
Old 03-04-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am about to force myself to walk the dogs. It may not help the anxiety, but it will be good for my dogs.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:01 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Least,

Getting some fresh air and walking the dogs may help. Please keep posting when you get back.

Love,

Lenina