Notices

well- still trying...wanted to touch base

Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hey Ded,

I blocked off a couple days when I quit. I knew I could not quit and then go to work. I made sure I had groceries and such......I made it so I would not have to go anywhere, because I needed to drink to go anywhere........I hunkered down and made my commitment. I also spent alot of time on this site......these folks are the absolute best. They supported me through all my feelings.......my first night was uncomfortable.....cold, hot, cold, hot.......trembly.....day two I was tired and weak.........everyone is different........but if I can do it, anyone can. I was a total hammer-head!! I am only on day 10, but ya know what? I have a whole new life, and I love it!
You have taken the first huge step, wanting to quit........we are here for you!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

glad you found your way back. Im sure many of us can relate. You can built up a real tolerance. I know in my best of days I could do 1.75 ltr in 2 days! My liver may never forgive me!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

thanks- maybe reconsider AA- i actually am Christian so no problems at all with that.

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
That's exactly why so many have success through AA. I'm not currently in the program, but it keeps people busy and through helping others you get outside of your own head. Just a thought. I know you said you don't believe in God, but there are others that are in the program that manage to get something out of it and aren't Christians. Hope you'll find some sort of group recovery that you can meet at especially on the weekends because that will probably be the hardest time.
Maybe will reconsider aa- I am Christian so that would be a positive. Tks everyone.