Notices

fallen again

Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

fallen again

last spring i quit for over 100 days.

foolishly i thought i could be a responsible drinker and was at first. but being creatures of habit i returned to my drinking every day. i would make sure i had no liquor on sundays and used that as my detox day. then i started drinking on sundays too.

i want today to be day one and i know i can do it. this site really helped me out when i quit. i'm not so sure if i believe in prayer anymore but that's really an issue with me.

but right now i will take any help i can get so if you believe in prayer say one for me and my family. i'll take buddhist blessings if you want to send them my way.....i'll take positive thoughts from you. as you can see, i just want to quit again.

thanks in advance. you folks on this board really helped me the last time. i'll be checking back in daily. and good luck to all the folks that are trying to quit.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

My thoughts are with you.

I did the same thing as you about two years ago. I was a daily whiskey drinker and quit for 6 months. Then rarely drank maybe once a month and only socially for about 6 months and then decided whiskey was the problem switched to wine and beer and became a daily drinker again for about a year before I quit.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

You may have "fallen" but you are trying to get up!!!!! We are all here for you........keep posting and reading. We have all had lots of Day One's so you are amongst friends. Hang in there and welcome back!!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

I am sending some good vibes your way...
Old 02-02-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks to all. i can't think of one positive thing that drinking does for me.

when i quit for 100 days i felt great. i got projects done around the house. saving money. my weekly spending on vodka was around 58 bucks a week. that's close to 3k per year i can save.

like i said earlier.....this site truly helped me quit last spring and i recognize some of the long timers names from this board. thank you folks for your support.

i'm getting ready to head home but i have s.r. saved on my home computer so i'll probably check back in.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

You have my support in your journey to sobriety.

Glad you came back.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fallen Man, sending prayers and good thoughts your way! You did it once, you can do it again. Your post is a good reminder for me... I am only on day 8 and feel great and sitting here today can't imagine going back to my old ways. But our disease is sneaky and I know if I get too comfortable I will also start thinking, that wasn't so hard, I don't have a real problem. I need to remember if I have one drink, I will eventually end up where I was 8 days ago.

Good luck to you and glad you are back!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by a fallen man View Post
but right now i will take any help i can get so if you believe in prayer say one for me and my family. i'll take buddhist blessings if you want to send them my way.....i'll take positive thoughts from you.

You got it, my friend.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by a fallen man View Post
but right now i will take any help i can get so if you believe in prayer say one for me and my family. i'll take buddhist blessings if you want to send them my way.....i'll take positive thoughts from you. as you can see, i just want to quit again.
:praying for you and family. Welcome back.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Resident

My good thoughts are with you fallen. Glad you are back and starting again.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Back =)
Old 02-02-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome back Fallen Man. The good news is that you are back. You've done this before and know that you can do it. You know your life will be so much better. I'll say a prayer for you and your family. SR can help you through this. Keep reading and keep posting.

You can do it!!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

positive feelings and God Bless, we seem to do this over and over again. If we have done it once we can do it again.
It's funny I've never gone 100 days but have done weeks and thought I'll just have some wine at dinner- turns to shots and then a bottle in my hand again.
I don't know what it takes to realize We can't be responsible drinkers well I can't.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

Smile welcome

when you fall off the horse, jump right back on!

we luv you and my prayers are with you!

luv, God Bless
jow
Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

it's 4:53 and i've had around a half hour sleep tonight. i laid in a nice warm bed for close to 3 1/2 hours before just getting up.

that said....i knew it was coming. it happens every time a go a day without liquor. but i also know that i feel better this morning than i have in quite awhile. i'm proud to say i have day one behind me.

i figure i'll hit a wall at work around noon and want to crawl up under my desk for a nap. i shared with my wife and two sons that i was trying to quit again and they were all happy to see me try. i shared with my oldest son, 22, this site and explained how it helped me last year.

thank you guys for your encouragement yesterday and i hope the couple other day one folks made it through the night okay. first thing i did when i got home yesterday was pour what little stash i had in the house down the sink.

don't know if i could have resisted the temptation last night when i couldn't sleep.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I believe I can do this

Congrats on getting back on track Fallen! I just went 31 days sober and fell down this weekend. I'm on day 2 again myself. Glad you're here.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome back FM (fabulous man)! Won't call you fallen man. I just can't. I know you will be successful and am glad you have returned so we can all share in your success. Congratulations for coming back!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made it Fallen--I did too. Day 2 together. My stash also went out with the trash this morning.
After my night of tossing, turning, sweating, and just as soon as I was about to doze: electric shock wake up. With the mind set I had this morning from spending a goodly portion of my afternoon and evening here, it was a lot less hard to do than I thought it would be. I am hopeful with your help my resolve will stay as strong.
Good job, man.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

That feeling

Good job Fallen...After 31 days Im back to day two because 'that feeling' of I am over it.. I can have a couple ,Wow it doesnt take long to be pounding them down again.How many times do we get fooled in a lifetime by that feeling...Well lets stay on our feet this time ,nothing is more important...