SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I remember the Super Bowl! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/168259-i-remember-super-bowl.html)

ViciousCycle 02-02-2009 06:38 AM

I remember the Super Bowl!

It's a modern day miracle! I remember the game AND the commercials!!!!!!!! This is a first for me and I thank YOU, yes YOU guys for all the support you have given to me and all the others.

YOU ARE THE BEST VIRTUAL FAMILY A GIRL COULD EVER HAVE!

:ghug2

Eagles Fan 02-02-2009 07:49 AM

I'm totally with you. Normally I don't remember too much of the Super Bowl until I've watched it a 2nd time days later.

CAPTAINZING2000 02-02-2009 08:00 AM

I'm depressed :(

Still a good game though

I did love the Bud Light commercial where they tossed the guy out the window

ViciousCycle 02-02-2009 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 (Post 2089894)
I'm depressed :(

Still a good game though

I did love the Bud Light commercial where they tossed the guy out the window

Yeah that was a good one! So was the baby one for the stock trading....hee hee......loved the golf hat.

Maggiemac 02-02-2009 08:17 AM

I liked the the horses in love lol!! My team won that was the best.
A Steelers fan,
Maggiemac

TryingSoHard 02-02-2009 08:18 AM

The best part for me was watching The Office after the game... LOL!!! :) But yep - I remember it all, too! YAY, us!

CAPTAINZING2000 02-02-2009 08:19 AM

lol

Well, I have the Rams here so, needless to say it's not the same if, your team isn't playing. I still have a fondess for Kurt Warner

A lady I worked with, had a son that, was hurt really bad in a bus wreck. Warner and several of the Rams went and visited her little boy in the hospital.

That's class

masseyman 02-02-2009 08:29 AM

I tivo'd the game and didn't see the commercials, but I thought it was the best game in years. Booze free.... best part.

Wanted a win for Kurt Warner and the boys though, I like his story and also a Cardinals win would have put the Lions in another even smaller group...teams without a super bowl win.

Being a Lions 'fan' is depressing, we set the records no one wants.

prettypoison 02-02-2009 08:38 AM

I'm glad to be with you all in remembering it too. Count me as another Kurt Warner fan, what a bummer :(
But I'm glad I woke up with no regrets and no hangover :arms:

TryingSoHard 02-02-2009 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by masseyman (Post 2089946)

I know how ya feel. I grew up a Saints fan and had to listen to everyone - including the city residents - call them the AINTS for years. It's hard rooting for a team that gets stuck in a losing rut!

weekendbinger 02-02-2009 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle (Post 2089797)
It's a modern day miracle! I remember the game AND the commercials!!!!!!!! This is a first for me and I thank YOU, yes YOU guys for all the support you have given to me and all the others.

YOU ARE THE BEST VIRTUAL FAMILY A GIRL COULD EVER HAVE!

:ghug2

Congrats VC!!! That's willpower and progress. Isn't a wonderful feeling?

I just returned from my trip and didn't drink. I'm actually in shock.....can't believe I did it!!!

Yayyyyyy for us!!!!! :c011:

SlvrMag 02-02-2009 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemac (Post 2089920)
I liked the the horses in love lol!! My team won that was the best.
A Steelers fan,
Maggiemac

Me too, and Me too!!

I like the horses and I am a total Steelers fan!

It's kinda fun being a Steelers fan living in Arizona too!

snowdog 02-02-2009 01:56 PM

Okay, I didn't watch the game, but I am happy for all of you that did AND remember it!

:You_Rock_

ViciousCycle 02-02-2009 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by masseyman (Post 2089946)

That would be the root of anyone's problems!!!! I bet if you switch over to the Patriots your whole life will turn around......!! Man, that was easy! LOL...... :ghug3

Mariposa18 02-02-2009 02:26 PM

The game was great. I'm a Kurt Warner fan, that man gets hotter every time I see him! lol =) But if the Defense had done a better job maybe the Cards would have pulled it off. Kurt had a far better game than Ben, at least numbers wise. Neither team is my fave, so I"m just glad it was a competitive game =)

ToABetterMe 02-02-2009 02:43 PM

LOVED THE GOLF E TRADE BABY!

YouTube - E*TRADE Golf Baby

Shankapottumius!!! I laughed really hard!