Notices

Newbie saying hello

Old 02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie saying hello

Hi I am new here
I am 31 and deal with alcahlism, addiction to anything, and co dependance. I have been to treatment twice, but have not been sober since, I was 18, and I finally looked at my life and what was becoming fo me last night and realized it is time for me to get healthy in every sense fo the word. I am married to a wonderful man and have wonderful children who just watch me waste away, and they can not help me, only I can help myself.

I came here looking for support and freinds who understand what I am going through. I have a really hard time expressing myself, and have came to realize that is cause I am always taking on things I can not handle and how I feel does not matter, it is how everyone else feels.

This is day 1, again. It is a start we all have to start somewhere.

Thanks for listening

Lostwithin
Old 02-02-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

welcome and yes the longest journey starts with the first step......keep us posted as to how you are doing...we do know what U R going through.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome. Lots of great support here and a women's only forum if that helps you.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We are with you.....
Old 02-02-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR~ This place is a fountain of information and support, so use it! =)
Old 02-02-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

I have 2 days down and I can tell you support is here. We are with you, all of us here have or are going through the same thing. I'm going through it right now, but I'll tell you I feel way more positive then I did on the first night. I can do It you can do it
we can do it together. I have only been here 2 days but SR makes it feel like you have been here a lifetime, made me feel at home the first few minuets. the support is here and read some other peoples threads it feels good to know others know what it is like.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

my best wishes to you lostwithin. today is day one for me as well. and again as well. let's make the journey together. i'm sure there will be many folks all over the world making today "day one".

i'm hoping that my day one can be like the movie groundhog day. where i just keep having the same day.....over and over, and there's no drinking involved.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

WELCOME TO SR!

There is more support here than you could ever imagine, people from all over the world who can identify with what you're saying. Just take things One Day at A Time & Keep it Simple. Post as often as you like and remember, your feelings are genuine, don't ever let anyone ever tell you what you're feeling is wrong.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 02-02-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome lostwithin and fallen man. A lot of us came here recently and we were all pretty much the same. A little scareed and a lot hopeful.
Everyone here has been in the same position and kind, caring people reached out to give the support we all need. You are in the company of people that care for you both personally. Welcome.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you for the nice welcome. I am trying to find my way around here. I agree lest go thorugh this together, day one is a day I have had many,many, times, I am just hoping for day 2 now.

I see all the support and it is awesome to see so many here that talk, share and help. It makes it nice to read. I am very grateful I found this site already.

A journey can only be taken 1 day at a time, so just maybe I was enver ready till now, and maybe now I have found a place where I can start to sort through things in life.

My husband does not drink nor has an addictive personality, so he has no idea how hard this will be, but I know he will be happy and support me through this.

Thanks to everyone.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome lostwithin and fallen man. I'm on day three. This is a great place to come, spend as much time as you can reading on here, you will learn a lot and not feel like you are alone going through this.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Welcome, Lost
and congratulations on day 1
Glad you are here.