Notices

OMG!! I am in disbelief. But what if??!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

OMG!! I am in disbelief. But what if??!!!

You guys know how me and my dads relationship has been on and off. My grams just called him to see if he is ready to speak to her now.

He called me to the phone and told me he found my mother!
Ok..That just hit me. I dont know what to think.
He did a people search with her name in the last known state she was living in. And he got 1 hit. And got an address.
My mom has been missing since I was 5. Noone has heard from or seen her and never knew what happened to her.

I am just thinking this is too good to be true. She has a very unique name. Her korean frist and middle with my dads last name. In the same state she was last known to be. But what if it is a really old address from way back? What if it isnt even her. My dad was crying when he told me. And even if it isnt her. I know my dad did that for me. Because he knows how much that would mean to me.
He has always been real touchy about that subject. So for him to make quite an effort to do the most amazing thing. He knows that would be the ultimate thing that could ever happen to me. At least I know my dad does love me and is makign an effort to be some part of my life. And I think by doing that he is trying to give me my lifes wish.

I remember being a kid and obsessing about finding her. Everytime I ever could make a wish it was for her. OK I am really crying now.
I cant even comprehend what it would be like to find her. But I dont want to get my hopes up either. I am prepared for the worst. I am just going to assume it isnt her for now. I dotn think I could handle believing it is her and then it not being her.
WOW..But what if it is? Do you know what this would mean to me? My whole life could change. Maybe for good , But its been so many years. It might not go well if it is her.

Anyway. I am going to wait until my dad gives me the address and I am going to write and send a few pics so she can see me. And wait for a response.

I gotta stay realistic here. I have to. I dont want to be chasing old childhood dreams again.

Wow..I am in such shock right now. And I want to beam brighter than the sun. But I will have to wait for now.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow Trish! I do hope whatever the outcome it is in your best interests and I am so glad your dad is putting you first now. You deserve happiness and security my friend. Praying for you today.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

(((trish))) I also have tears running down my face right now.

I have a lot to do today but I was thinking of you and the ONLY reason I got on SR before I start my 1001 things to do today is to hopefully see that you checked in and everything's cool. But this news?!?OMG!!!!!!

Although I am Blessed to have always had both of my Parents in my life, I cannot begin to imagine how you are feeling right now. I've often wondered how it would be for people, the not knowing, the endless questions.

Let yourself be excited!!!! Sure, be cautious, but at the same time, you never know what could happen. The possibilities are endless. You said that so much points to that it is her. And if it is an old address, it's more than you had before. You're that much closer to getting some answers.

Remember in your post from last night I said that you would get your "Rewards?" Hmmmmmmm . . .wonder how I knew that?

God knew that you needed this to happen now. . . it's perfect timing. What better thing to take your mind off using? Ok, even if your Mom doesn't want to play an active part in your life, you're more than likely going to get some answers to the questions that I imagine have haunted you all your life. On flip side, maybe your Mom thinks that you don't want anything to do with her? We have no idea what was going on all those years ago that caused her to walk away.

I could go on and on with the possibilites that are racing through my mind right now. I imagine your head is swimming. I'm so happy for you! This is what you needed right now! And God knew that, talk about answered Prayers!

And how wonderful of your Dad to do this with you. Says a great deal of his love for you, trying to give you the ultimate gift that he can give you. . . . your Mom.

I know you'll keep us updated!

Love & Hugs,
Judy
Old 02-02-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope this works out for you Trish!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope it all turns out well for you!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Wow.......what a turn of events! I hope it is all goes great for you!!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Resident

This is great. It sounds like your father is really trying to help you.
I hope tjat things turn out the way you want and I admire the attitude that you are showing about this.:ghug3
Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((Trish))

I really hope this works out, for you. I don't think it's any small coincidence that this happens, right when you've been struggling so much.

Your dad does love you, sweetie...sometimes he just doesn't show it the right way. I know I'm not there, and I haven't lived your life, but as an outsider looking in, I see little things that tell me he does love you.

Be excited, hope for the best and prepare for the worst, which would be she wants no contact...something you already have...anything more than that would be great, right?!

Big hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

just a "WOW" from me.....

Peace chiynita, peace.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Trish- What amazing news! I sure hope it turns out well, also. No matter what happens with your mom, you will always know that your dad loved you enough to do this for you. What a blessing!!!! Keep us posted...I'm biting my nails already! Love ya, jomey
Old 02-02-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

....got to love the timing
Trish, knowing how things have been between you and your Dad, I was so touched by what he did. Hugs and prayers for the very best outcome for you, sweetie
Old 02-02-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Chi... This is almost unbelievable news. My jaw literally dropped when I read your post. I know just how much your mother means to you. If what your Dad discovered is accurate, it could potentially change a lot of things in your life.

I'm glad you're being cautiously optimistic. You take it slowly, and see what happens, and let us do all the hoping and wishing for you

It seems like your father has definitely been trying to change things lately. The current circumstances don't really matter, they change all the time - for better or for worse. But this is the kind of thing that shows how another person *really* feels about you, and what you mean to them. You have lots to be grateful for... and that's an amazing blessing

Chinny
Old 02-02-2009, 04:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Reading this made me feel really good Trish. I hope it works out.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I hope everything works out the way you want it to =) Good Luck to you!