SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Superbowl Sunday (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/168173-superbowl-sunday.html)

mamabin 02-01-2009 10:14 AM

Superbowl Sunday

How is everyone going to make it through today? Personally, I don't care for football so I can avoid those beer commercials. I think it'll be a great time for grocery shopping at Walmart. Although I beleive a vegetarian commercial is finally making it's way to tv!:wtf2

Anna 02-01-2009 10:39 AM

I'm going out for a long walk.

It's beautiful here, sunny, blue sky and well above freezing!!

vegibean 02-01-2009 10:47 AM

I'm going to watch the game, play World of Warcraft and I have a veggi organic pizza in the oven right now. I've gotta watch some of the game. It's the Super Bowl. :e025:

Hee hee......

mamabin 02-01-2009 10:54 AM

I hear ya! Guacamole and Guitar Hero sounds like a good plan to me.

TryingSoHard 02-01-2009 12:14 PM

Easy for me. Staying home with Mr. TSH and the two kids, having wings and pizza. Normally beer would DEFINITELY be a part of that (if not Jack & Diet) but there's not a drop of booze in our house so it's not even an option. Later tonight we'll watch the hour-long Office that comes on (YAY!!) and then I will probably rock out on Guitar Hero or Rock Band 2 as I've wanted to do that for several days now but haven't had the opportunity.

:)

Oh, and I'm dying my hair right now. I'm wearing a Corona t-shirt so that I have a good excuse to throw away an otherwise perfectly good item of clothings (it's going to be ruined from the bleach and then the color)...

Philly 02-01-2009 12:51 PM

Good luck all on staying sober today. My husband just left to visit numerous bars which is what we usually did on Superbowl Sunday. I thought I was going to babysit my granddaughter and was happy with doing that but that is not the case. So this is going to be harder than I thought but I will not drink just can't wait for the day to be over. I am going to go out and by something somehow spending money always helps.

Eagles Fan 02-01-2009 12:57 PM

I'm going to watch the game with my father (Steelers fan) and brother. They will be drinking, but I won't. I don't think I'll have a problem since the game actually distracts me from drinking. When I'm bored is when I struggle to stay sober.

Rouxballs 02-01-2009 01:01 PM

I going to watch the game and eat pizza--hopefully win some money.
I quit drinking so I dont need to worry about that anymore(positive attitude)
I am off to gym in a few minutes just to get the blood flowing a bit before the game.
Anyone want to bet on the game? I will bet a 32 oz gatorade.

Isaiah 02-01-2009 03:31 PM

Go Lions!

bovinePieBear 02-01-2009 03:35 PM

Looking deep into crystal football... begins to see message....
The Steelers will win by 24 to 14, most scores in third quarter.

Scrubs crystal football.... new message comes through....
Either that, or something else will happen.

In the meantime, I couldn't care less, but I'll watch the game and hopefully enjoy it. Is that wrong....?

barnes 02-01-2009 03:48 PM

I know a lot of people who headed off to a sports bar to watch the game today. But I've also friends who are enjoying the game in healthy ways. I know of at least two couples who hosted parties at their house today where no alcohol was served. Just good food, and friends getting together to watch the game.

bovinePieBear 02-01-2009 04:07 PM

LOL Come on, you've never had to struggle with such serious feminine issues as dishwashing. Besides, I suspect you love getting your gloves on. ;)

TryingSoHard 02-01-2009 04:52 PM

I don't do blonde hair. I do funky colors. This time it's a combination of midnight blue (bottom, underneath) and raspberry.

bovinePieBear 02-01-2009 04:58 PM

a combination of midnight blue (bottom, underneath) and raspberry
Are you serious? That is ... er, I mean those are your hair colours? Cool!! But I need to see pictorial evidence.... ;)

bovinePieBear 02-01-2009 04:59 PM

sunshine and banana
Competitive AND fruity.

TryingSoHard 02-01-2009 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by bovinePieBear (Post 2089172)
Are you serious? That is ... er, I mean those are your hair colours? Cool!! But I need to see pictorial evidence.... ;)

I'm dead serious! The bottom/underneath part of my hair is now Beyond the Zone - Midnight Blue. The top is Beyond the Zone - Raspberry Kamikaze, but I split it into two sections. The VERY top is darker, like the color swatch on the web site. The middle (in between the raspberry and midnight blue) got bleached first so it's a much lighter and more vibrant shade of raspberry.

Several of my friends want to see pictures so I'll try to get one I can post tonight. :)