Notices

help?

Old 01-19-2009, 11:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy help?

I have been wrestling for 6 years with opiates DOC hydrocodone I want to quit but I've been dealing with depression. Does it ever stop? I feel so alone. Is there anybody out there?

Last edited by ashamedagain; 01-20-2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: addition
Old 01-20-2009, 12:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm here. Opiates are my DOC and I have been clean for a few 24 hours. It does get better, it took me awhile (everyone is different) to start to really feel good again. I went to rehab and I still attend AA/NA meetings and I come here.

Welcome to SR. The substance abuse forum on here has a lot of information about prescription medication use/abuse.

You have made it here, congratulations. This is a wonderful place, full of supportive people. Keep coming back and keep posting. :ghug3
Old 01-20-2009, 01:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

have you seen a doc about the depression? they can also help you get clean.
give them a call and good luck
Old 01-20-2009, 01:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

my DOC is rum, but im wrestling with the depression myself, if you read my first post, its says lost and alone, i still fell it , but not as bad because of the great people here, welcome, and please keep coming back, lots of help, and anyone will listen to you,like i said we will listen!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

We are here to listen and support you. It is a good idea to seek the help of a doctor when quitting anything. Be honedy with the doc and if it is emotional support you need this is a good place to come.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Talking your dr about the addiction and about the depression would be a good idea.

Hang in there!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hi there!

Wish I could offer some kind of solution/help. I'm here to support in any way I can.

Best to you!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree, seeking professional help is always best, but I would like to share some of my experience to give you hope. I was just where you are now a week ago. I am now 14 days sober from opiates (hydro). The most difficult thing I have faced is the depression. Last week I was asking everyone- when will the depression go away?! I couldn't take it. Honestly, I felt as though I was outside of my life, looking in. Nothing felt good, I didn't enjoy anything, and everything upset me, even the weather, and I live in the south. I just keep taking it day by day and I keep telling myself- tomorrow will be better. Well, today is better than last week. I feel much more normal. I feel interested in my life again. Things aren't so dreary. I am thankful to live where it isn't really winter, and I remind myself that I could be back in New England- so I appreciate this!! The depression will lift, it really does. I have had days of crying for no reason (outside my addiction), I have had days of feeling like life wasn't worth living. This too shall pass. It will. I promise. Just stick with it. Your brain is an amazing thing. It will heal, it will get back to normal, you will feel pleasure again without an opiate controlling your life. Hang in there.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Also, I just want you to know, I had a lot of anxiety all of the time before stopping the opiates. I have had anxiety all of my life. I thought the opiates were helping me with this problem. How foolish I was. If you need help with your depression and it is not related to getting off the opiates, as I believe mine is right now, I really think you need to see a doctor. Your doctor has so many ways to help you with your depression. The opiates aren't fixing anything, I am sure you know that. They are just dulling the pain. There is life outside of this drug. I am just starting to see it. I hope you will come along.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Welsome to SR. In the two days I have been coming here I have made friends and have already felt the warmth and support coming through the posts. We are all battling demons here and at least it is good to know we are doing this together. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

twd660 you're not alone. You know you're welcome at our house anytime,,,day or night. Just very concerned about you and your life. We love you. For over 20 years. Remember?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks sweetheart, but how did you find me
Old 01-21-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You told me where to look. I pay attention to stuff.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BKP

Bro >? Glens Falls >? My hometown go to dirty johns for me okay?
Old 02-01-2009, 08:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am an addict and I am alone. Too embarrassed to talk with anyone about it. Certainly do not want my husband to find out. Need help.