Notices

Superbowl Sunday

Old 02-01-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Phew! I'm a Steelers fan...but I do feel for the Cards.

That has to be tough...
Old 02-01-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I went to my sisters house, the same place we have gone for years. They always put on a big party, tons of food & alcohol!

I did good, I thought it would be a real test, As this is my first trip to her house "hanging out" since I quit drinking. but now that I have been very open with my mom & dad & they know I don't want to drink anymore, I just stayed close to them all night. My sister was really buzzed even by the time we got there at 5. By 8 she was in her usual form of not finishing sentences and slurring her words. I guess I didn't notice it as much when I was drinking with her, or maybe I was more tolerant.

My mom made a couple of comments, but they went way over her head.

Bummer the team I was cheering for didn't win, but was a fun game to watch!

Hope everyone stayed strong!
Old 02-01-2009, 08:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
BKP

1250am is the live feed for ESPN Radio in Pittsburgh for all you Steelers fans. For me I am a Chicago Bears fan, each year is as hard as my daily routine to stay away from the boozing.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

OMG!!! Awesome last 6 minutes of the game... but bummed that my team didn't "pull it"... Was a tough game to watch though with all the penalties and attitudes! Made for interesting watching though! The commercials were awesome, especially the one's where we wore our 3-D glasses! I wonder how much Botox Springsteen has had???... hmmm.. Spent the entire afternoon with 5 sober friends and it was great! I actually felt pretty comfortable in my own skin!

Now back to hairdyes and colors.... LOL! Gave me some ideas though!

Hope all you all have had a wonderful - SOBER - February 1st and SuperBowl Sunday! (Glad I didn't bet any $$$ on this game cuz I'd be a "L-O-S-E-R")!

Have a great night everyone! xoxox Nicki