Notices

Checking In :(

Old 02-03-2009, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking In :(

Today is day 13, and this is usually the time I have caved in. While I don't feel like drinking, things are definitely not good right now.
I'm stressed to the max and I don't know what to do.
I woke up suddenly this morning and had a hypoglycemic attack which really frightened me b/c I've never had one the moment I wake up.
I hate to air my dirty laundry on here and there's some things I'd rather not give out, but I can't really keep it inside.
I have been on a paydy-loan trap for the last few months. I don't have enough money to pay them back and I'm terrified of what is going to happen aside from getting a bunch of over-drafts on my bank account (will they take me to court??). I have no one I can borrow money from to get out from under this.

I had an awful argument with my apartment manager this morning about the situation in my building and was basically told to put up or shut up and anything I do (contacting the agencies in charge- HUD) will not do anything. I feel he is bullying me and I can't take it any longer.

I made a couple of commitments to people that I cannot keep and I'm afraid to tell them.

There's lots more, but I can barely stay awake right now. I don't have anyone to talk to.

I don't feel right today. I don't feel sober, I don't feel good. I feel horrible and not sure why I can feel so good and positive one day (like a few days ago) and then it's back to being a scared wreck.

I just feel like I'm going to flip out or something.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LaDita,

The first thing that comes to mind is to stick close to SR and continue to be completely honest when describing your situations to us. People will support you here and give advice that will help you get through this mess. I'm pretty sure you already know that. You do have people to talk to. Just try to be patient and wait for the answers that will surely come to you from the fine people at SR.

Let's hear some support for LaDita everyone!

My advice is to try to deal with the most pressing issue first. Take care of yourself. Secondly, just deal with each issue as being separate from the others. Try not to clump them all together into one big ball. That will surely make you feel overwhelmed. Keep them separate and deal with each one in turn. I don't know what kind of people you made these commitments to so I can't really comment on how to deal with that. Either way, just be honest. I'll be thinking of you.

Ken
Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Sorry to hear things aren't going so well for you.
As Ken said try to deal with one thing at a time and only when it comes up.
I am a worrier so I know roughly how you feel. I worry and worry about what might happen then a lot of it never happens and a lot of the problems tend to solve themselves.
I know it is hard to do but there is nothing you can do this very minute about any of these things so try to catch your breath.
Using will only make things worse as you will continue to fret about the same things and the high will be unpleasant so that is a real bad option.
Hang in. We are here to try to help the best we can.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Both Ken and Fubar covered things I would have said much better. (than I would have, I mean to say) <--- edit
I've begun slowly. Firstly, not using and secondly, taking care of eeny-weeny chores that while using became impossible.
Today I did some laundry. As ridiculous as that sounds, it was a step for me. And I accomplished my goal.
Take issues in bite-sized chunks and deal with the "little" ones first. Over-whelming yourself is a good way to forget about your most important task that day: taking care of you.
Best to you.

Last edited by Wombat05; 02-03-2009 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Poor communication in first sentence
Old 02-03-2009, 10:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi ladita.............sorry your having a bad time.....sometimes when it hits the fan it really hits the fan...

Firstly.........you are not alone.......i know for a fact that you have a bunch of caring loving friends on here..including me.

I know its tuff...........life on life terms without a substance to round off the edges.....

And secondly.......pause...take a deep breath....and remember this..

You have pulled away from an illness that wanted you dead.

You have manage to put 13 days between active addiction and you.

You are achieving something that thousands of people havent managed.

You deserve a medal in my book.

And one of my famous wet kisses all the way from the uk......lol

Congratulations on 13 days..........your a miracle.............trucker.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LaDita- gosh, I wish I could give you a big hug!! The best I can do is send good thoughts your way. Hoping you feel better tomorrow!!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys...I feel a little better. Just being able to write it down is very cathartic.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope today will be a better day for you.
Please post when you can & share what you need. I find it important to share even if its a PM to friends here that I am feeling triggers or thinking about it alot.

We will be here to try to help you through all the difficult times & all the great times!